Starting my Own Agency

I want to sell life and health as well and maybe dmv but I dont think I have all the knowledge I should

You need to get more experience before starting your own agency based on your posts. Without more experience and a good deal on capital it would be very hard.

Thank you im sure I do need a lot

When you say "starting an agency" , what are you picturing? Do you have an office? Assistants with various tasks? Other salespeople?

If the answer to all of the above is "yes", that's a huge undertaking. And cost? Heck, in California it might be 200k. Or more.

Now, if you want to start small by building your book of business out of your home office, that can be done without an incredible cost.

As someone who has done all of this before, trust me. If you aren't willing to spend 200k, I'd look at starting small.

When you say "starting an agency" , what are you picturing? Do you have an office? Assistants with various tasks? Other salespeople?

If the answer to all of the above is "yes", that's a huge undertaking. And cost? Heck, in California it might be 200k. Or more.

Now, if you want to start small by building your book of business out of your home office, that can be done without an incredible cost.

As someone who has done all of this before, trust me. If you aren't willing to spend 200k, I'd look at starting small.

So you started from home?

Either way is a hard way to go right? Its just im also looking into starting with primerica but I still have my doubts

True. Either way will be difficult. I was personally shocked by how much it cost to get up and running, so I wants to warn you ahead of time about that. It was nearly 30% more than my projections.

Starting captive isn't a terrible idea by any means. Do you mind if I ask what Primerica is offering that sparked your interest?

True. Either way will be difficult. I was personally shocked by how much it cost to get up and running, so I wants to warn you ahead of time about that. It was nearly 30% more than my projections.

Starting captive isn't a terrible idea by any means. Do you mind if I ask what Primerica is offering that sparked your interest?

I guess the fact that they state you will be independent and do whatever is best for you but im still skeptical about joining

I guess the fact that they state you will be independent and do whatever is best for you but im still skeptical about joining

I think you could find lots of folks that can offer that to you. It's really about leads, support and training in my opinion. And commissions, of course.
Try to organize, in your mind, the importance of these few factors. If leads is your biggest concern, you'll have to surrender some commission to get it, more than likely.

Then, once you know what your biggest need is, start a new thread that asks, "what IMO would you suggest to someone who needs _______?"

Back