Stuck and in need of help

REtoIns

I've signed with an IMO and I have been contracted with 6 carriers (waiting for 3 others to approve). I like to know what I'm doing before I start talking to prospects. So, I have a few questions:

1. Is it best to fully learn one carrier and focus on that one then steadily learn the others?

2. What carrier is best for a brand new agent to start with and learn inside and out at the beginning? AIG, Liberty Banker, Foresters, Americo, Royal Neighbors or TransAmerica?

Any info would be much appreciated

Yeah you always want to pick a go to company. Lead off with that company in every house and only pivot if you need to for health/weight/budget issues.

Social Security billing is very important to keep biz on the books. The only company you have there that has it currently is Trans. Never recommend using trans as a newbie.

RNA will have it soon on 1/3rd. Along with an instant decision E app. So maybe focus on that. They’ve been doing SS billing for 2/3/4 Wed for awhile and have noticed a 50%+ increase in persistency.

RNA is also probably the most liberal UW out of what you have there. Easiest to understand as far as UW goes too. Just make sure they can answer the health questions no and check their Rx guide (note that any cancer pills are considered treatment and will get you a decline, but they aren’t on the Rx guide).

So I would lead off with RNA for 60+ and use Trans and/or LBL for copd and some of their other niches as backup.

I've signed with an IMO and I have been contracted with 6 carriers (waiting for 3 others to approve). I like to know what I'm doing before I start talking to prospects. So, I have a few questions:

6 + 3 = 9 carriers?!?

#1 = yes, you could make a lot of money on one carrier. It is being done every day. I would not only have one carrier personally. But trying to learn 6 at the beginning seems off.

#2 = you are in the right place. These guys can help with that. Tell them what state you are in.

1. Is it best to fully learn one carrier and focus on that one then steadily learn the others?

2. What carrier is best for a brand new agent to start with and learn inside and out at the beginning? AIG, Liberty Banker, Foresters, Americo, Royal Neighbors or TransAmerica?

Any info would be much appreciated

Your IMO is not teaching you any of this?

I agree with what Jones said, except for instead of Royal neighbors I would lead with Foresters ( because forces would be quite a bit better priced than Royal Neighbors) out of that bunch. Then fall back on Trans America for COPD and the others as needed.

too bad you don't have Oxford they're a good company an extremely fast interview.

Also, make sure you're getting good contract levels. Beware of People that give you some BS story about why they don't display their contract levels on their website

you can look at our contract levels for reference point here Cfcagentcontracting.com

Make sure it's across the board too. some times they only give you high contract levels on companies that are price way too high you will probably not end up using anyway.

feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions.

Your IMO is not teaching you any of this?

I agree with what Jones said, except for instead of Royal neighbors I would lead with Foresters ( because forces would be quite a bit better priced than Royal Neighbors) out of that bunch. Then fall back on Trans America for COPD and the others as needed.

too bad you don't have Oxford they're a good company an extremely fast interview.

Also, make sure you're getting good contract levels. Beware of People that give you some BS story about why they don't display their contract levels on their website

you can look at our contract levels for reference point here Cfcagentcontracting.com

Make sure it's across the board too. some times they only give you high contract levels on companies that are price way too high you will probably not end up using anyway.

feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions.

Thank you so much for the information

Back