Sunfire Reviews

kgmom219

What's Next?
5000 Post Club
Texas
Give it to me. The good, bad and ugly.

Are you using it for MAPD and/or Part D?

What works? What doesn't work? What did you wish you knew at the beginning of using?

(I'm getting it for free from that damn FMO that never told me they had it. Not sure I will actually use it but wanted to hear other's experiences. Especially with Part D's)

TIA!

Give it to me. The good, bad and ugly.

Are you using it for MAPD and/or Part D?

What works? What doesn't work? What did you wish you knew at the beginning of using?

(I'm getting it for free from that damn FMO that never told me they had it. Not sure I will actually use it but wanted to hear other's experiences. Especially with Part D's)

TIA!

Funny how I just talked with an agent last week. I was asking him if he was using our quote engine, which is part of the Sunfire program we use. He said he didn't know anything about it. I sent it over to him and he actually started getting a bit pissed as he said, "Do you know how many plans I could have written had he know he had an enrollment tool handy?" "Why didn't you tell us (his agency) that we had it?

Yes, he was mad...but when we could show him that at least 10 emails have gone out to him with this info...he backed off a bit!

We try to notify our agents of a lot of stuff, but we can't open the emails and read it for them too. It is a 2 way street that many agents don't even realize exists.

I don't use it for Part D reviews. I still use Medicare.gov. Sometimes Sunfire Rx tool looks funky and I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate. It may be accurate but it looks odd and I'd rather use Medicare.gov for estimates/tiers of medications than a 3rd party system if there is ever an error.

Sunfire is a great enrollment platform and is really nice that the process is the same regardless of the company I choose. Makes it faster for me to complete the application and much easier for me to talk people thru the e-sig process.

Scope process is easy. You just need to know if you are texting or emailing it before you enter in the client's info which is a bit annoying but not terrible.

I use it for Part D and MAPD applications. (except UHC because then I can't do the health assessment)

I was offered sunfire through an FMO as well. I didn't really use it because all of the enrollment methods from carriers that are on that platform were easier through the carrier and I was able to do health assessments by using the carrier's own enrollment platforms.

We try to notify our agents of a lot of stuff, but we can't open the emails and read it for them too. It is a 2 way street that many agents don't even realize exists.

I absolutely agree with this. And I'll own it.

On the other hand, if I gave you 100+ Med Supps and almost 600 Part D on 1/1, I bet that would have at least generated 1 phone call or 1 direct email....

So right now, I'm using Medicare.gov. And since they took away the Drug ID's and I really don't want people's login information, its a nightmare in October.

With my list (and probably everyone else's) 80% of the clients are on 3 or less cheap generics and its pretty easy. "You want Walmart or CVS? Walgreens sucks for Part D cost containment." and you move on.

The 20%, I can't see not using Medicare.gov, GoodRX, Prescription Hope and whatever else we get this year.

Does Sunfire keep the drug list info? So when I put it in this year, can I see it next year?
Does it keep client info?
Can I send a link from Sunfire to clients to get the updated list?
Is there something in the fine print that says they can't steal my clients?

I use connecture which is the same thing . It’s awesome . Keeps all clients apps,drugs and scopes . As far as the assessments go you can do them for Humana and WellCare on there sites which are super easy .This tool is essential and incredible for saving drugs and showing all plans .Also the apps are even simplier than the carrier eapps. I saw something interesting on a Neishloss podcast . It seems with integrity’s enrollment platform you can list the dr’s names and they will show up under all the plans there contracted with . That would be double incredible . Now if there were a way to scan medicine bottles and it automatically downloaded to the enrollment software . This software makes life much easier. Each Fmo has a license with sunfire or connecture . Your fmo see’s your client list anyway so he could steal your clients .

I'm using Medicare.gov. And since they took away the Drug ID's and I really don't want people's login information, its a nightmare in October.

With my list (and probably everyone else's) 80% of the clients are on 3 or less cheap generics

Very rarely will I run a report with all their med's. I ask, and they always know, "Which of these are your most expensive med's?".

I run a report for those and tell them to use GoodRx or their pharmacy "club" for the rest.

Turned it around today for a client. Three low cost generics and one stupid expensive GERD med (Dexilant) she hasn't used in 2 yrs . . . but might go back on it if pantoprazole doesn't work for her.

SilverScript $7 plan spits out $0 copay for the 3 generics.

Express Script $20 plan charges $100+ for Dexilant.

They decided to roll the dice, take SilverScript for $7 and deal with Dexilant if and when she needs it.

Also if you have connecture based software it will sync with agency bloc so days that is inputted in one does to the other.

You were also thru connecture and the policy info flows to AB automatically. That will be huge for automation purposes. Now if I can find a scheduling program that syncs with either of those

Back