Super new agent here, please help

Dear god...

Tons of $20,000 to $50,000 renewals going out on those in the areas that need 3 home policies in Florida. 1 for regular home that excludes wind & flood. 2nd policy to get wind coverage & 3rd policy for flood.

Last I saw & heard from friends that have had 5-6 new carriers for their Florida homes in last decade, pretty much down to Citizens insurance run by the state. My cousin calls me every year on her Ft Lauderdale house that is non renewed & inspected every year & has went up by $45,000 in last 5 years & new company every year

Thought of you today when I saw this one in a billion chance of seeing a midget construction worker making a midget driver wait

I'm just glad they're out there working and not goofing around.

200w.gif

200w.gif

midget-bowling

giphy.gif

Lets see if I can add anything of value, even though the OP is long gone.

OP, you seem to have gone about this all wrong. And that might have been OK in other market conditions. Half these folks probably went about this all wrong, but had the benefit of staring in a soft market. So they made it. They suffered a bit but they made it.

You will not. Unless you heed some of the advice you have received.

P&C is like growing an ant hill. You go in, all the way to the end, get one gain of sand and come out to and drop it off. Then back in you go for the next grain of sand.

Working for a __________ agency will be a cut, of a cut, of possibly a Cut. The national market is not profitable, FL Market exacerbates what's happening nationally. Reinsurance is crazy (I know you don't know what that is- look it up)

I suggest what Alex4 suggested. Go work for a Commerical brokerage! Not a mom/ pop agency. Get some real hard core Insurance knowledge. Tuck some certifications under your belt on their dime, like a CPCU (CIC at the very least)

The Industry is Culling Insurance Carriers and Agents right now. (No one understands why the cute little cow has to die for the overall health of the herd because we have not had to cull the herd for a VERY long time) Now is not the time to be the little cow that wants to live, but needs to go.

Last, whatever you read that convinced you to go get licensed, might have been correct in a soft market. In other words what you read, was wrong, at this moment in time

Back