Supplement to Help with Maternity Costs

Well I'm new to health insurance so please bear with me. I'm looking for strategies to offer clients who need some sort of coverage to help with maternity costs.

[This be Tennessee]

The only carrier I can find that offers a maternity rider is BCBS but its ridiculously expensive. What about putting the woman on a major med policy with a high deductible and OOP to keep premium low (for catastrophic coverage and to get access to negotiated rates) and then also lining her up with a supplemental fixed benefit plan? If so, what are some reputable supplemental plans? I have no interest in selling low value/scam plans to my clients...

Also, what is the reality of getting the negotiated rates from health care providers for non-covered services? Ex... if UnitedHealthOne has a negotiated rate of 50%, how realistic is it for the insured to ask her OB for this rate on pre-natal services?

Forget supplement plans. Total waste of money.

HSA and fund the OOP cost with what you would have paid BX for their piece of crap maternity rider.

I have quite a few clients that are able to negotiate around $8k for doc and hospital for normal vaginal birth. Add $1500 or so for scheduled C-section.

Back