Suze Orman

deathtoot,

i alrady shared how much i invested, when i started and how muhc it's worth today.
go back and figure my actual return yourself.

ur right toot.
i made it all up.
u caught me.
i'm busted.
u know all and c all.
u are the deathtoot swami.
u are the sum total of all securities knowledge.
no one knows more than you.
no other investment ideas work except the ones upon which you grant your blessing.
u r not a lemming.
u r the forerunner.

i feel lightheaded in your presence.

:swoon:

ofcourse someone can have an avg return that's high but an actual return that is very low. that'll only happen for people who are dumb enough to buy and hold and subject themselves tothe wild swings of the market. and if you think i'm th eonly one who employs this investment startegy, you're really living in your own little cocoon.

Last edited:
I think you may need to go back and review her posts. She is not securities licensed. She appears to be many things. Maybe she is, or maybe she's a troll. Haven't really got too many straight forward answers from her, just rants slightly off tangent. Heck, for all I know she could be a senator or obama.

She sounds as if she attended one of those trading seminars with the software program that only make millionaires. Maybe it works, maybe it's another form of kool-aide. What I am wondering is why not get your securities license and sell to yourself and reduce your transaction friction? If you have an insurance license as you said, why not the other? It ain't that hard and you don't have to believe what you're taught, just regurgitate for an exam. Then do you own thing and pay yourself.

Last edited:
ur right toot.
i made it all up.
u caught me.
i'm busted.
u know all and c all.
u are the deathtoot swami.
u are the sum total of all securities knowledge.
no one knows more than you.
no other investment ideas work except the ones upon which you grant your blessing.
u r not a lemming.
u r the forerunner.

i feel lightheaded in your presence.

:swoon:

ofcourse someone can have an avg return that's high but an actual return that is very low. that'll only happen for people who are dumb enough to buy and hold and subject themselves tothe wild swings of the market. and if you think i'm th eonly one who employs this investment startegy, you're really living in your own little cocoon.

U R a retard.

U R a retard.

it must be true.
swami tootie is always rightie.

Ofcourse someone can have an avg return that's high but an actual return that is very low. that'll only happen for people who are dumb enough to buy and hold and subject themselves tothe wild swings of the market. and if you think i'm th eonly one who employs this investment startegy, you're really living in your own little cocoon.

Someone please sue Suzie so she'll go away. I hope she is insurance licensed, because her "authority" in the eyes of consumers makes her at least ethically responsible for her BAD advice.

OK, Full disclosure: I'm a big Suze Orman & Dave Ramsey fan. Really a big personal-finance junkie overall - I follow several money blogs and whatnot.

Now this is coming from the consumer perspective (I'm not an agent) but what's interesting is that most personal finance sources have almost identical advice... 20-year term, etc. It seems unlikely that all of these sources are wrong together - and I tend to think for most people this probably the right guidance. To be fair, I'm sure there are exceptions when what's right for a person's situation is different. I know that's probably not a popular opinion on these forums... :biggrin:

A bit of a tangent for DR fans: Oct 7th I finish baby step 2, and I'll be DEBT FREE!

"I know that's probably not a popular opinion on these forums... :biggrin:"

No, not at all. A 20 year term sale works for some people. For others it's just the first policy they buy.

It all comes down to how long do you want your insurance for?

If it's for your entire life, term usually isn't the solution. Unless of course you die within that 20 year window.

If you live past that 20 year window, and still have a need as most people do, you now have to purchase again and maybe you're not in the best health. What then?

Dave R doesn't have an answer for that. I've asked him.

The funny thing most of my new clients are late 50's mid 60's as far as age goes. If the experts all say 20 year term, why are these people looking for coverage? They shouldn't need it, right?

There have been financial gurus since carter's had pills. They actually come and go every decade or so. I have yet to see one deal with the prospect of being wrong in their advice. What happens?

Have you ever sat down and looked at your plan and asked.."what if I'm wrong?". What will it cost me?

If you live past that 20 year window, and still have a need as most people do, you now have to purchase again and maybe you're not in the best health. What then?

Dave R doesn't have an answer for that. I've asked him.

You're mostly right - he's basically got an answer for a hypothetical person who has followed his plan for the last 20 years. You hit the nail on the head with "and still have a need as most people do."

In theory - those following his plan will be debt free in 20 years and can self-insure. With no mortgage or debt, and a significant contribution to retirement, and kids grown and gone - a person can financially manage if one lost a spouse. But this really is primarily helpful for those getting started on this path in their 20s/30s/40s so they have time to get in good shape.

Sometimes DR is too absolute for his own good. Even coming from somebody who generally agrees with him, I'm following a "modified total money makeover" - tweaking the things that make more sense for me.

Back