Switching from Term Life to Whole Life?

Sounds like more PC BS to me. The minority rules.:skeptical:

Matt wasn't serious was he? :err:

100% serious. I encourage you to get involved with diabetes related groups and speak with them about the is matter.

ADA is the biggest advocate group pushing this. Do your homework boys.

----------

Who knows, but it was absolutely hilarious. Larry has made no secret of the fact he is a diabetic over the years.

Just because someone has diabetes doesn't mean they are involved with the diabetes community. Some could care less. This doesn't make you a bad person or anything along those lines.

While others are more involved. Attending conferences, raising money, donating money etc. Everyone is different and has different levels of involvement

100% serious. I encourage you to get involved with diabetes related groups and speak with them about the is matter.

----------

Just because someone has diabetes doesn't mean they are involved with the diabetes community. Some could care less. This doesn't make you a bad person or anything along those lines.

While others are more involved. Attending conferences, raising money, donating money etc. Everyone is different and has different levels of involvement

Matt, you seem to be missing one basic fact. You just told someone he is calling himself the wrong thing. If that isn't "whitesplainning" I don't know what is.

Also, diabetic means a person with diabetes. So, exactly what are they accomplishing? Using the definition of word versus the word?

----------

I've had and have many people that are close to me that are "diabetic" and I'm "pre-diabetic". Not one of them ever got their feelings hurt when referred to as a "diabetic". Sorry Matt, but I think this is silly and will continue to use the word "diabetic".

What do we call fat people..."a person of extra poundage"?:laugh:

I've had and have many people that are close to me that are "diabetic" and I'm "pre-diabetic". Not one of them ever got their feelings hurt when referred to as a "diabetic". Sorry Matt, but I think this is silly and will continue to use the word "diabetic".

Just going with what the diabetes community recommends. You do what you want and I'll do what the diabetes community wants. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit

----------

Matt, you seem to be missing one basic fact. You just told someone he is calling himself the wrong thing. If that isn't "whitesplainning" I don't know what is.

Also, diabetic means a person with diabetes. So, exactly what are they accomplishing? Using the definition of word versus the word?

Again you call people with diabetes what you want. Doesn't effect me at all. I encourage you to contact someone within American diabetes association and complain to them.

;) I've been a type II for 17 years Matt. This is the first I have heard of what we like to be called. Personally, I always thought we liked to be called "not dead". But that's just me.

No worries. I guess some diabetics prefer being called a person with diabetes.

I must be offending myself. So is person with diabetes gender neutral?

----------

I prefer" big guy" so I can add "that's what yo mama said" :)

I first learned of this in 2012 with this article. They've written others since then.

9 Diabetes Terms We Can Do Without: Diabetes Forecast®

As a person with Diabetes, and having a father with Diabetes, I personally don't care how you refer to us.

But as a member of several national Diabetes communities, I know they do not like the term Diabetic. Again, this isn't my "battle" . Take it up with someone else. Just trying to enlighten you guys

I first learned of this in 2012 with this article. They've written others since then.

9 Diabetes Terms We Can Do Without: Diabetes Forecast®

As a person with Diabetes, and having a father with Diabetes, I personally don't care how you refer to us.

But as a member of several national Diabetes communities, I know they do not like the term Diabetic. Again, this isn't my "battle" . Take it up with someone else. Just trying to enlighten you guys

Matt, I don't think anyone is battling you. Laughing at the PC term yes, but not battling.

Grandparents, mother, all my brothers and I are Diabetic.

Matt, I don't think anyone is battling you. Laughing at the PC term yes, but not battling.

Grandparents, mother, all my brothers and I are persons with diabetes.

Fixed it for you :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We'll learn you to be PC yet Wino... :cool:

We prefer the term "Super Hunky."

Calling us extra poundage makes us go eat a full bag of cheese Doritos. We don't like that.

Our spokesperson is Opra or pretty much anyone named Rosie.

Back