Switching from Term Life to Whole Life?

Ya, I was completely floored by all this as well . Changed website domains, comapny named etc. Cost me about 15k to get things changed over.

First ADA event I showed up for they were hammering the NO diabetic terms into community leader's heads. They have even gone to capital hill on multiple occasions to let the government knwo of this.

New bills that get passed for health care treatment for juvenike children in schools even no longer use word diabetic.

Personally I feel they could have spent their time and money working on cures and treatment. But this is their agenda. Not trying to ruffle feathers but share information.

I agree it's an unfortunate waste of time and resources. Changing the name doesn't change the condition. My son is due home this weekend, he's a VA doctor a few years out of medical school. I'll ask him if he's heard anything about this?

I've had and have many people that are close to me that are "diabetic" and I'm "pre-diabetic". Not one of them ever got their feelings hurt when referred to as a "diabetic". Sorry Matt, but I think this is silly and will continue to use the word "diabetic".

What do we call fat people..."a person of extra poundage"?:laugh:

I prefer progressively wide :)

No, you are now to refer to them as "people of sweetness."

Not to be confused with "children of the corn."

images

what's "underwritten"? to give all the info including the social so the insurance company can come up with an exact quote?

Sorry i disappeared for so long- I apparently had to file an application to get an idea how much the conversion will be. It is indeed 3.3K per year for $100K of universal life guaranteed until age 104.

wouldn't he be better off taking out another term life for 30 years? I mean it will be expensive but I don't imagine the premium is as high. I felt dumb to do all this and not even think about it.

what's "underwritten"? to give all the info including the social so the insurance company can come up with an exact quote?

Sorry i disappeared for so long- I apparently had to file an application to get an idea how much the conversion will be. It is indeed 3.3K per year for $100K of universal life guaranteed until age 104.

wouldn't he be better off taking out another term life for 30 years? I mean it will be expensive but I don't imagine the premium is as high. I felt dumb to do all this and not even think about it.

Who told you that an application was required to get the conversion quote? They quoted you a Guaranteed Universal Life conversion with Protective? Something sounds off?

What makes you think a 69 year old can get a 30 year term? Especially with diabetes.

Also, those rates are roughly in line with standard non-tobacco for a 20 year term at his age. In other words, it is a steal.

Back