Switching from Term Life to Whole Life?

I first learned of this in 2012 with this article. They've written others since then.

9 Diabetes Terms We Can Do Without: Diabetes Forecast®

As a person with Diabetes, and having a father with Diabetes, I personally don't care how you refer to us.

But as a member of several national Diabetes communities, I know they do not like the term Diabetic. Again, this isn't my "battle" . Take it up with someone else. Just trying to enlighten you guys

If I could, may I suggest you read something else?

I read this and it went from comical to sort of pissing me off. What a bunch of tripe. Not everything written is worth the time spent reading. As someone else pointed out, this is simply a bunch of PC nonsense. I see nothing, absolutely nothing helpful or insightful behind what you've linked.

I do appreciate seeing it as it is the first article of it's type that I've read that takes things in this direction. But man, what a waste of words. SMH.

The link as I read it does nothing to educate the diabetic or non diabetic community. It's a bunch of basic words not to say, because they "may" offend.

If doctors are using this as a guideline for communicating with their diabetic patients, I worry for those patients. Diabetes is a chronic health issue. With a lot of WORK it can be controlled.

Sorry, stuff like this is just not helpful to anybody. I understand some may think it is, but no, not really.

We prefer the term "Super Hunky."

Calling us extra poundage makes us go eat a full bag of cheese Doritos. We don't like that.

Our spokesperson is Opra or pretty much anyone named Rosie.

Personally, I don't want to be "lumped" with either one of those 2. Rosie scares the hell out of me!:no::swoon:

So you're saying that us fatties should be called a "person of Super Hunkiness" to be PC?:err:

----------

I read this and it went from comical to sort of pissing me off. What a bunch of tripe. Not everything written is worth the time spent reading. As someone else pointed out, this is simply a bunch of PC nonsense. I see nothing, absolutely nothing helpful or insightful behind what you've linked.

I do appreciate seeing it as it is the first article of it's type that I've read that takes things in this direction. But man, what a waste of words. SMH.

The link as I read it does nothing to educate the diabetic or non diabetic community. It's a bunch of basic words not to say, because they "may" offend.

If doctors are using this as a guideline for communicating with their diabetic patients, I worry for those patients. Diabetes is a chronic health issue. With a lot of WORK it can be controlled.

Sorry, stuff like this is just not helpful to anybody. I understand some may think it is, but no, not really.

I asked my fiancée if it bothered her to be called a diabetic and she said, "no, why should it?". When I told her about this PC nonsense she said, "that's silly as hell!":laugh:

Like I said, take it up with the ADA. They are viewed by many as the most "authoritative" figure in the Diabetes community.

Maybe call them and complain. They are the ones who posts these guidelines. I'm not the article writer.

Look up your local chapter, and air your grievances. It's getting close to festivus season I believe.

Like I said, take it up with the ADA. They are viewed by many as the most "authoritative" figure in the Diabetes community.

Maybe call them and complain. They are the ones who posts these guidelines. I'm not the article writer.

Look up your local chapter, and air your grievances. It's getting close to festivus season I believe.

Matt, cut your losses and move on.

Heck, I still hear, "I got a touch of the sugar."

I believe the PC way to say that would be "a person with a touch of the sugar".:)

I was always tempted to break out the doll when I heard that and ask, "So where did the sugar touch you, can you show me on this doll?" Did the sugar ask you not to tell others where it touched you?

I was always tempted to break out the doll when I heard that and ask, "So where did the sugar touch you, can you show me on this doll?" Did the sugar ask you not to tell others where it touched you?

Haha, I can just see some gal pointing to the doll's crotch and saying, "the sugar makes my giner itch".

Matt, cut your losses and move on.

Heck, I still hear, "I got a touch of the sugar."

Not cutting any losses. It's not my fault you are unfamiliar with whats going on in the Diabetes Community

Maybe learn/study up on the Diabetes community Kirby. Might help you with a
future sale.

I tell you what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna pass along your email and office # to some non profits like Beyond Type 1, Diabetes Mine etc. I'm gonna let a couple of their leaders know you have a problem with this issue.
You can argue with them. You have plenty of free time it seems

And as always, Go vols!

No worries. Just hadn't seen or heard of this before. Spent a ton of time with docs over the past three years and not a single one speaks in a manner that article suggests.

But honestly what ever you want to call it and what ever the ADA wants to call it, it only matters what the underwriter calls it when you submit an app. Good luck with your efforts and hopefully the underwriter doesn't think you're trying to fool them.

No worries. Just hadn't seen or heard of this before. Spent a ton of time with docs over the past three years and not a single one speaks in a manner that article suggests.

But honestly what ever you want to call it and what ever the ADA wants to call it, it only matters what the underwriter calls it when you submit an app. Good luck with your efforts and hopefully the underwriter doesn't think you're trying to fool them.

Ya, I was completely floored by all this as well . Changed website domains, comapny named etc. Cost me about 15k to get things changed over.

First ADA event I showed up for they were hammering the NO diabetic terms into community leader's heads. They have even gone to capital hill on multiple occasions to let the government knwo of this.

New bills that get passed for health care treatment for juvenike children in schools even no longer use word diabetic.

Personally I feel they could have spent their time and money working on cures and treatment. But this is their agenda. Not trying to ruffle feathers but share information.

Back