Synthroid cost

The vast majority of brand-name prescription drugs sold in US pharmacies are made overseas and imported by their marketers. Starting about 20 years ago, to bypass the high markups on these drugs, many Americans—particularly those older than 65 years—began importing their prescription drugs at much lower cost over the internet and from Canada and other countries.

PharmacyChecker found that most of the brand-name drugs and APIs in this report are made in other high-income countries with similarly strict standards as those in the United States. Of the 100 brand-name drugs, 32 were finished in the United States, while 67 were finished in countries in the European Union, Canada, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Only one brand-name drug, the anticonvulsant Neurontin (gabapentin), was made in India.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/report-details-where-top-100-brand-name-rx-drugs-are-made

I can tell you that the Trelegy packet has Distributed by: GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd. Also has a Lot number and expiration date. Ingredients listed are the same as what you would get here in the US. I can only assume it is the exact medication a person would purchase in the US.

The vast majority of brand-name prescription drugs sold in US pharmacies are made overseas and imported by their marketers. Starting about 20 years ago, to bypass the high markups on these drugs, many Americans—particularly those older than 65 years—began importing their prescription drugs at much lower cost over the internet and from Canada and other countries.

PharmacyChecker found that most of the brand-name drugs and APIs in this report are made in other high-income countries with similarly strict standards as those in the United States. Of the 100 brand-name drugs, 32 were finished in the United States, while 67 were finished in countries in the European Union, Canada, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Only one brand-name drug, the anticonvulsant Neurontin (gabapentin), was made in India.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/report-details-where-top-100-brand-name-rx-drugs-are-made
right, but the concern that many people have is when it is not clear what country the drug is made in, when you buy it online. Many websites, like maple leafs that you linked to says ""This product is dispensed by a pharmacy based in Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Mauritius.""

It is not clear where it is coming from. Most people would not be comfortable taking a drug from India. but the UK, sure.

Some canadian pharmacies are fine, but not all are created equal.

Using the program from Abbvie, is a safer route. Its a couple of bucks more, but safer, and still saves the consumer a lot of money.

right, but the concern that many people have is when it is not clear what country the drug is made in, when you buy it online. Many websites, like maple leafs that you linked to says ""This product is dispensed by a pharmacy based in Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Mauritius.""

It is not clear where it is coming from. Most people would not be comfortable taking a drug from India. but the UK, sure.

Some canadian pharmacies are fine, but not all are created equal.

Using the program from Abbvie, is a safer route. Its a couple of bucks more, but safer, and still saves the consumer a lot of money.

I can't speak for Maple Leaf, but the one I linked to tells you where it is coming from. At least on Trelegy they do.

The only issue that I, and many of clients, have with many Canadian pharmacies is that you don't really know where the drug is coming from:

"This product is dispensed by a pharmacy based in Canada, India, New Zealand, Australia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, or Mauritius."
Just because a pill is made is California doesn't mean it's ingredients are from here also, all medications raw forms are from somewhere else.

That's good to know regarding brand names. My current generic was from India. Not as effective as the batch preceding it...that one didn't indicate where it came from nor could I search it.

Generic equivalents are supposed to have the exact same chemical formula but the fillers in pills may vary.

Generics are generally OK for pills, not so much for time release.

Sigh.

If you don't already know, my first job was a pharmacy tech at Eckerds in High School and College. And then I went to work for Pacificare Pharmacy Systems. And then a Mail Order/PBM. Oh...And I have Hashimotos/Hypothyrodism. Synthroid is my thing.

1. Synthroid is the ONLY drug in the US that has a generic that is not both A and B equivalent. All other generics are both. But not Synthroid.
2. Ask any pharmacist or doctor over the age of 50 and they will tell you its the one drug you don't screw with on generic. Under age 50, its a crapshoot, but most of them realize the issues.
3. People with low thyroid take generic Synthroid and it works great
4. People who spent years trying to get the damn thyroid regulated don't screw around and get Brand name Synthroid
5. Cheapest place to get it is Eagle Pharmacy, $75 for a 90 day supply. (Unless you are like me, lazy and spend the extra $45 to get it locally.)

Back