Take Time to Do a Little Fishing

I didn't take it to mean just getting by. That's definitely not what I want. Of course getting by probably means something different to everybody.

And, I can tell you for a fact that when the doctor tells you to go home and make your funeral arrangements, you take a totally different view of what is important.

----------

Do you know you are on the internet right now ??

Lol

Where????????????:spinny:

I read of the hours some agents say they put in. Kind of reminds me of someone I once knew when he was just a young buck. I would advise you to take time to do a little fishing along the way.

Thanks for sharing Rouse, great read! Happy to say I've done some fishing along the way too!

I'm all for living the way one wants, but what would America be without all the good men before us who risked it all to have what we have now?

More now than ever, we need men of exception that prize excellence and achievement over safety and security.

And, I can tell you for a fact that when the doctor tells you to go home and make your funeral arrangements, you take a totally different view of what is important. ---------- Where????????????:spinny:

I couldn't imagine. Thats why I have a good balance and that's why I love my job. I missed out on a lot when I worked at the quarry six days a week. Life is good now.

I'm all for living the way one wants, but what would America be without all the good men before us who risked it all to have what we have now?

More now than ever, we need men of exception that prize excellence and achievement over safety and security.

Not saying a person should live a life risk or not pursue excellence.. In fact, I am not saying a person should not work 80+ hours per week... I am saying that most of the folks that I have known over the years that elevated the career to the top of their priorities had regrets in the long run. Once heard a hospice worker say she had never known a successful man on his death bed say, "I wished I had worked more, made more or accomplish more" but she had heard many say, "I wish I had spent more time with my family".

I never understood the 80+ hours per week thing, not sure I even believe it exists much less with there being any quality family time. My wife and I made a very nice living for our family in a completely different industry several years removed, I never worked more than 60 hours a week and her 30. We made all the ballgames, school activities, camping trips and so on. We have been completely debt free for 10 years, live in our dream home, kids college education paid for, nice nest egg, have done and continue to do all the traveling we desire. No family money here we did it all together from scratch.

In the past ten years we haven't worked more than 40 hours a week combined unless you count some volunteer work. Yes I've probably gotten a bit lazy, but I've enjoyed trying new things with some successes and some failures. Yesterday we planted the garden because that's what we wanted to do, didn't even think about insurance so yeah we do some 'fishing' lol.

We're looking at a new car this week. We can pay cash for it but thinking about financing it just to get back a bit of that drive from several years ago to work a little harder to make that payment.

How old am I? 44. None of that is to brag because we are very humble, appreciative folks. I think it's simply about prioritizing and knowing where your blessings come from. And having an amazing wife sure don't hurt.

Back