Tech Question maybe windows 11 issue?

vic120

Guru
5000 Post Club
OH
Ok I have recently bought a new computer

what's happening is the head set seems to not be working right on the voice out, Inbound hearing is fine
but when I speak sometimes the other end cannot hear me or sometimes its choppy and other times its fine

Now Since then I have had issues with my head set connecting to twillio and seems to have happened one day on zoom also

Now It did seem to happen on rare occasion before the new computer, but not enough to really be a major issue

but not its much much more often

and it is very intermittent so I never know when it will happen or not, still its every day and as of recent I have not been on the phone all that much even

After I first got the computer I already had a Jabra headset but the headset had been damaged So I figured this is the issue still even then I don't remember it happening that much enough to notice but not every day still needed to be dealt with

now I have a Lietner a newer one and its everyday the issue, way worse then before

I have called headsets.com. they worked on settings and even replaced the headset with a new one and still the problem persists they don't know what to do

twillio don't know what to do

is it windows 11 is it the head set?

is there a service I can call to have them look at it? one that is reliable, I can call geek squad but I don't have much hope with them over the phone anymore they don't understand half of what I say

If I take it in its by appointment and who know who long they will need the computer and then after all that they may just tell me I don't know what to do

It could be a Windows 11 driver issue with that particular headset. You could try a different headset, if it solves the issue then you know it's isolated to your headset model

Ok I have recently bought a new computer

what's happening is the head set seems to not be working right on the voice out, Inbound hearing is fine
but when I speak sometimes the other end cannot hear me or sometimes its choppy and other times its fine

Now Since then I have had issues with my head set connecting to twillio and seems to have happened one day on zoom also

Now It did seem to happen on rare occasion before the new computer, but not enough to really be a major issue

but not its much much more often

and it is very intermittent so I never know when it will happen or not, still its every day and as of recent I have not been on the phone all that much even

After I first got the computer I already had a Jabra headset but the headset had been damaged So I figured this is the issue still even then I don't remember it happening that much enough to notice but not every day still needed to be dealt with

now I have a Lietner a newer one and its everyday the issue, way worse then before

I have called headsets.com. they worked on settings and even replaced the headset with a new one and still the problem persists they don't know what to do

twillio don't know what to do

is it windows 11 is it the head set?

is there a service I can call to have them look at it? one that is reliable, I can call geek squad but I don't have much hope with them over the phone anymore they don't understand half of what I say

If I take it in its by appointment and who know who long they will need the computer and then after all that they may just tell me I don't know what to do
If it's under warranty, Geek Squad will come to your home. I had them come look at a printer and it was bad and they replaced it.

It could be a Windows 11 driver issue with that particular headset. You could try a different headset, if it solves the issue then you know it's isolated to your headset model

Hmm Hope that is not the issue

I hae already replaced the headset, and it cost around $350 would hate to just lose that on a new headset

If it's under warranty, Geek Squad will come to your home. I had them come look at a printer and it was bad and they replaced it.

I bought the headset from Headsets.com, the computer is from bestby though I don't know there is any other issue then the mic when I speak

so i doubt its the computer though it may be a compatibility issue with windows 11

However I am far from understanding of these tech issues

I bought the headset from Headsets.com, the computer is from bestby though I don't know there is any other issue then the mic when I speak

so i doubt its the computer though it may be a compatibility issue with windows 11

Try downloading a W10 driver. Most are backwards compatible.

Is your headset plugged DIRECTLY to your computer? Or is it in a USB hub or docking station?

I've noticed issues with my Blue Yeti mic on occasion and now I have it plugged directly to the computer, not a hub.

Is your headset plugged DIRECTLY to your computer? Or is it in a USB hub or docking station?

I've noticed issues with my Blue Yeti mic on occasion and now I have it plugged directly to the computer, not a hub.

The headset it wireless but the base is directly plugged in

Have you checked your device properties in windows to see what the mic volume is set to?

Is there any type of automatic background noise reduction setting in your twilio software or the headset software?

What kind of speeds are you getting on your internet?

I have to have my daughter help me remotely. She takes control of my computer and fixes/sets up stuff that I can't figure out.

Back