Tech Support

WinoBlues

Guru
5000 Post Club
My @&%*$n phone is losing internet for some reason. I have a business trip tomorrow so I am back and forth with @&%$n Sprint all night. Transferred and disconnected all @&%$n night. Finally do a hard reset. Does not fix the problem. Got to take it in next week.

I wanted compulife on the phone so that I could at least use it via wifi. One quick email to Bob to reset it for me. 9:30 Cal time. Must be 12:30 KY time. Less than it took me to uncork a bottle I get an email that it is done. As I have come to expect from Compulife.

Thanks, Bob.
(I except paypal)

My @&%* phone is losing internet for some reason. I have a business trip tomorrow so I am back and forth with @&% Sprint all night. Transferred and disconnected all @&% night. Finally do a hard reset. Does not fix the problem. Got to take it in next week.

I wanted compulife on the phone so that I could at least use it via wifi. One quick email to Bob to reset it for me. 9:30 Cal time. Must be 12:30 KY time. Less than it took me to uncork a bottle I get an email that it is done. As I have come to expect from Compulife.

Thanks, Bob.
(I except paypal)

I was having a similar problem with a galaxy s2, check in settings for the firmware update and make sure its up to date, run all 4 update options if you have them.

Mine was related to the GPS failing to work, much in the same manner, and it fixed itself by doing that.

I was having a similar problem with a galaxy s2, check in settings for the firmware update and make sure its up to date, run all 4 update options if you have them.

Mine was related to the GPS failing to work, much in the same manner, and it fixed itself by doing that.

I tried that via wifi. no go. may have something to do with rooting it? going old school, map quest.

I tried that via wifi. no go. may have something to do with rooting it? going old school, map quest.

Sorry, but old school is those old paper maps that you could never fold back up the same way.....

MapQuest is middle age school.

Dan

Written? Hmmm, nope, back on the farm (really) directions were told to you as follows:

Oh, you are looking for Jim Jones? Junior or Senior?

Senior...

Oh, okay, well go out of town till you cross the crick, then go right. Drive just past the old Smith place and take the dirt road. Make sure its the old Smith place, not where they are at now.

Now, go down the dirt road till it widens, then take the fork and you'll find old Jimmy sitting on the porch to his house.

Now, not only does this not make sense if you don't live there, and if you lived there, why would you need directions? It also would never be written down!!!!!

And yes, I simplified these a bit....

Dan

Written? Hmmm, nope, back on the farm (really) directions were told to you as follows:

Oh, you are looking for Jim Jones? Junior or Senior?

Senior...

Oh, okay, well go out of town till you cross the crick, then go right. Drive just past the old Smith place and take the dirt road. Make sure its the old Smith place, not where they are at now.

Now, go down the dirt road till it widens, then take the fork and you'll find old Jimmy sitting on the porch to his house.

Now, not only does this not make sense if you don't live there, and if you lived there, why would you need directions? It also would never be written down!!!!!

And yes, I simplified these a bit....

Dan

How in the hell did you get there without passing the field that contains the cow with the crooked horn? (That was part of my directions in W Texas in 92)

I redid it and all is good in the world. :1biggrin:

How in the hell did you get there without passing the field that contains the cow with the crooked horn? (That was part of my directions in W Texas in 92)

I did say I simplified them.

Around here, directions would tell you to turn R at the corner where the old outdoor theater used to be.

I updated the nav system on my 78 Datsun Z...I bought a new map.

Back