• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Telesales IMO/FMO no leads buying requirement

Newby , Todd king on here they could care less how you sell . Jeff Root . Why would the fmo care how you sell ? You’re obviously contacting mlm carrier type Fmo’s . Any independent fmo could care less if you buy there leads or sell over the phone are face to face
Todd replied to this thread confirming this.

Jeff Root put up an amazing platform however there are some requirements clearly highlighted on his website:

How To Work With DigitalBGA

You must fit ALL 3 of these requirements:

1) Must be willing to take at least 10 leads/day

Most of our top performers take 20-40 leads/day and make multiple sales every day.

This is the only cost of doing business.

You’ll be profitable within 2 weeks and thriving shortly after.

Just to be clear, I don't bash Jeff's business, and I believe he is one of the best in the market.

I believe David Duford has a leads buying requirement OR free leads for reduced comp...if I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

Not sure about Todd.
I do not buy leads. 90%+ is telesales. I use Todd, he allows me to do my business my way. He answers the phone or replies quickly. If I need anything I email, text or call and he handles it.
I trust him.

Todd replied to this thread confirming this.

Jeff Root put up an amazing platform however there are some requirements clearly highlighted on his website:

How To Work With DigitalBGA

You must fit ALL 3 of these requirements:

1) Must be willing to take at least 10 leads/day

Most of our top performers take 20-40 leads/day and make multiple sales every day.

This is the only cost of doing business.

You’ll be profitable within 2 weeks and thriving shortly after.

Just to be clear, I don't bash Jeff's business, and I believe he is one of the best in the market.
You don't need to purchase leads to be with us if you generate your own. Lots of agents generate their own or come to us with a lead source they like and use our platform. I just updated that page you referenced to reflect that. It was outdated.

Newby , Todd king on here they could care less how you sell . Jeff Root . Why would the fmo care how you sell ? You’re obviously contacting mlm carrier type Fmo’s . Any independent fmo could care less if you buy there leads or sell over the phone are face to face
Not true Don. We have stated many times that at FexContracting we only bring on face to face agents. I turn away several agents every week that want to sell by phone. And by turn away I mean I point them to Jeff Root, Dave DuFord and Todd King.

I have a few agents that have been with me for years that sell by phone but I don’t want new start ups that want to sell by phone. We only take on face to face agents. That is what we are great at and business is thriving so we stick to what works for us. We feel it’s the best experience for the agent and the client although I’m sure that is debatable.

I have been very impressed watching Jeff Root grow his agency through telesales and more recently Dave DuFord has really hit his stride with it too.

If I was the agent on this thread looking for a place and it seems he is brand new to the industry, I would go with either Dave or Jeff and do it 100% the way their top agents are doing it. I would NOT generate my own leads until I had at least a year under my belt and was hitting the top of their leaderboards. If they have a successful path clearly layed out, don’t change it until YOU are an expert. Then, if you think you can tweak the leads to be better, go for it. But at first you need to prove to yourself that you can sell. So use what is already working for others.

Not true Don. We have stated many times that at FexContracting we only bring on face to face agents. I turn away several agents every week that want to sell by phone. And by turn away I mean I point them to Jeff Root, Dave DuFord and Todd King.

I have a few agents that have been with me for years that sell by phone but I don’t want new start ups that want to sell by phone. We only take on face to face agents. That is what we are great at and business is thriving so we stick to what works for us. We feel it’s the best experience for the agent and the client although I’m sure that is debatable.

I have been very impressed watching Jeff Root grow his agency through telesales and more recently Dave DuFord has really hit his stride with it too.

If I was the agent on this thread looking for a place and it seems he is brand new to the industry, I would go with either Dave or Jeff and do it 100% the way their top agents are doing it. I would NOT generate my own leads until I had at least a year under my belt and was hitting the top of their leaderboards. If they have a successful path clearly layed out, don’t change it until YOU are an expert. Then, if you think you can tweak the leads to be better, go for it. But at first you need to prove to yourself that you can sell. So use what is already working for others.
Ok . I forgot you provide more structured leads for face to face . 95% of regular non captive Fmo’s don’t care . I think what changed with telesales the last 3 plus yrs is 95% of these low income fe clients are online 3-10 hrs a day . 4-5 years ago it was probably 20%. People that can hardly read are now online as a grandkid set up an account . It makes perfect sense as they sleep till 10-12 every day and stay online all day . Many have little to do and it keeps them busy . That translates to much more and cheaper leads than 3-5 years ago . Direct mail response rates for non bs worded leads is dropping and costs keep rising . I rarely run into face to face agents in the field anymore . 90% bought over the phone. The new rage in fe and Medicare are preset appts . There’s a company Fmo’s contract with to provide the preset appts and some like efes do in house

Ok . I forgot you provide more structured leads for face to face . 95% of regular non captive Fmo’s don’t care . I think what changed with telesales the last 3 plus yrs is 95% of these low income fe clients are online 3-10 hrs a day . 4-5 years ago it was probably 20%. People that can hardly read are now online as a grandkid set up an account . It makes perfect sense as they sleep till 10-12 every day and stay online all day . Many have little to do and it keeps them busy . That translates to much more and cheaper leads than 3-5 years ago . Direct mail response rates for non bs worded leads is dropping and costs keep rising . I rarely run into face to face agents in the field anymore . 90% bought over the phone. The new rage in fe and Medicare are preset appts . There’s a company Fmo’s contract with to provide the preset appts and some like efes do in house
FEX doesn't provide leads. Nor are they captive in any way.

The only thing changed with telesales is more agents are failing out because more are falling for the fairy tales.

I ran into a lady yesterday that had just bought over the phone. Easiest sale of the day.

On those preset appointments, you know who's making money there? The people selling the shovels. Just like always.

It’s not about the leads. We have online leads and could easily source any leads needed for telesales.
Most IMOs have always recruited anyone with a pulse. They dont care what you do. But most have a huge fail out rate. And the agents have a horrible experience.
When agencies specialize and heavily screen agents on the way in the door they have few failures and a much better experience for everyone.
Face to face has always been good. But since over 50% of our competition has moved on to phone sales, do you think that makes it better? Or worse?

Back