Texas MSP Question

I have a client who moved from Louisiana to Texas. Her income was such that we were able to apply and get her approved as SLMB for the state of Louisiana. Since her move, I am assuming we will need to apply for that in Texas, but I'm unsure of where to do that. In Louisiana, it can be done on the state Medicaid website for instant approval. Any Texas agents that could point me in the correct direction, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

I have a client who moved from Louisiana to Texas. Her income was such that we were able to apply and get her approved as SLMB for the state of Louisiana. Since her move, I am assuming we will need to apply for that in Texas, but I'm unsure of where to do that. In Louisiana, it can be done on the state Medicaid website for instant approval. Any Texas agents that could point me in the correct direction, I would greatly appreciate the guidance.

https://www.hhs.texas.gov/handbooks...abilities-handbook/b-3100-application-process

Usually they will have to terminate the La. medicaid before applying for Tx. medicaid.Submit some proof of residence such as utility bills,cable bills,rent etc

I’ve tried several times to complete the online MSP app, but fail most every time!!
It is probably the customers that I deal with. It will ask Detailed questions like what is the name of your eldest niece? What was make and model of your first car? and others that stump them, etc.
These questions can easily intimidate my prospect/client- lol if they don’t answer correctly, If not answered correctly, it’s a lockout.
The online app also has many questions that have nothing to do with an old person.
I resort to using the the EZ paper form, which is only 5 pages long. I also get the prospect to give me 3 months of bank statements, whole life policy information copies, funeral policies, etc. processing time is UP TO 45 calendar days.

Back