Thanks Forum Gurus

Iwillpay

Guru
100+ Post Club
Submitted a death claim last November for policy in force 13 months. The claim was denied on the basis that I had false information on the applicants health history and the policy would not have been issued.
So no Funeral money plus a charge back of $900.00
On looking on the denial letter I started to wonder where they got that information so I went back to the family and they were adamant that the information on the application was correct.

We then wrote an appeal letter to the Insurance company and also the primary care physician.

After 2 weeks they paid the claim. Turns out the doctors report they got had incorrect dates (timeline) for the illness.
Beneficary now happy.

I was able to do this by reading a lot of FE posts.

So thanks very much. This is not a monkey business (lol).

Submitted a death claim last November for policy in force 13 months. The claim was denied on the basis that I had false information on the applicants health history and the policy would not have been issued.
On looking on the denial letter I started to wonder where they got that information so I went back to the family and they were adamant that the information on the application was correct.

We then wrote an appeal letter to the Insurance company and also the primary care physician.

After 2 weeks they paid the claim. Turns out the doctors report they got had incorrect dates (timeline) for the illness.
Beneficary now happy.

Hey now, don't go dissin' monkeys.

Good job!:yes:

Beneficary now happy.

That is an agent.

Not everyone is going to do that. Some agents do not even do their own claims muchless contest a contested claim.

I have always felt it is unfair how the insurance company has all the control in a situation like this. They can deny a claim anytime they choose and don't even have to show us anything. UHL hit me with a huge chargeback ($5900) and refused to show the MIB to me. I believe they missed something on the MIB when they originally accepted the application. We just have to take them at their word.

Did the original poster state who the insurance company was?

I am new to this business. I sure appreciate you sharing this story here. This is of real value to someone who wants to be a conscientious advocate for his or her clients i time of need.
How's bisiness for you? Any unexpected challenges?

Beneficary now happy.

What happened to chargeback?

Back