The Lead Champion

honestagent vbmenu_register("postmenu_127833", true); Guru
icon1.gif
Re: The Lead Champion Go to Top
MedicarePlanSolutions;12783 Has anyone here successfully used a telemarketing company?[/quote said:
Yes... me. And you.. the agent will always be the best telemarketer. Ever.

I whole heartedly agree with Frank and Midwest. It's a total waste of money and more importantly time which =s money! Get on the phone spend the time, build the rapport, and sell youreslf. Eliminate and disqualify the shoppers and build rapport with the true buyers. Ask all the right questions including the sale.. and it's pretty much a done deal.

You will be so much thankful when you walk out of the house with the application and 2 home baked blueberry muffins. (non low fat of course) :)

You don't need 10 appts a day and if you're a closer .. all you really need is 1 yes 1... a day if you can do 2 do 2.

If I'm not sold that I have at least a 70% shot at closing the deal on the phone by the time I am done with the prospect, I don't go whether the house is 2 or 200 (yes 200) miles away and yes I have driven 200 miles to sell, actually over 400 miles in 1 day! Gosh darn those days sucked... long ... but as tired as I was.. sure felt good to know I came back with lots of paper!

Those are no longer my days.

Make the phone your best friend. IT SUCKS but it's part of the jobby... and I have used marketers.. they suck... most of them.

And I am not doing Medicare anymore but this rule applies to any sales call.
Make it happen!

------------------------

How much time do you spend appointment setting per day to earn those "2 home baked" beauties?

</IMG></IMG>

Last edited:
I am just getting into Final Expense.
Can anyone reccomend a good appointment setting service or even pass on a proven script for setting my own appointments over the phone?
Thanks!

I am just getting into Final Expense.
Can anyone reccomend a good appointment setting service or even pass on a proven script for setting my own appointments over the phone?
Thanks!

Even after reading what the "flute player" had to say, you still want to pay through the butt for someone to set your appointments?

Seriously, I don't see why people pay for these services.

Buy list of names scrubbed against the DNC list. The script doesn't matter as much as your attitude and product knowledge.

You can call all day long and the leads are a higher quality (by far) and all you pay is 3.5 cents a name and a $30 per month phone bill.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Hello, my name is -----"

I work with seniors in your area with their medicare benefits.

Did you know that all medigap policies are identical from company to company? The only difference is the premium they choose to charge. We have taken the time to find the highest rated carrier with the lowest rates in your zip code.

Would you be interested in saving some money on premiums while maintaining your same level of coverage?

I'll be in your area tomorrow. Would the AM or PM be better for you??"""

Take copious notes and ALWAYS find out which company they have their coverage with currently.

Last edited:
I buy leads and hired my own appointment setter ... it's going really well for me.

In my first month as an insurance agent (January 2009), I made 30 sales (20K in yearly premium) ...

After my cost of leads and appointments, I felt it was worth it ... plus, I only have to work three full days and I get a 4 day weekend. I don't have to spend my time prospecting and calling my leads.

Its working so far ...

I don't think I would have sold one policy without the leads .... or appointment setter ... I'm just not into prospecting ... I suck at it!!! I think as I get more seasoned and experienced that it will be easier to prospect ... it helps to know what the hell you are talking about!!!

I am really curious to know how your ystem is working after nearly 7 months. I am thinking of doing the same for my FE agent who is doing poorly.Thanks

The Lead Champions appointments are equivalent to fishing in the ocean without bait or hooks. You may catch a fish by spearing them with your pole. pole or.. Take the $875, buy a fish dinner and save the rest.
Here is an actual appointment: I arrived at the house after an 1hr car ride, was met by the owner, invited into the house and then was advised the the equivalent advised the client that the agent was coming to return the money that he owed you. No Kidding.
Email me for more examples.

A lot of it really depends on the way the leads are generated, but this doesn't surprise me at all. I was working leads a buddy of mine generated from his call center and things started off strong (25-30% close rate) and ended horrible (25% SHOW rate and 5% close rate) with about 15 agents across 6 states and 10 markets. He told me that the leads hadn't changed and insisted they were great leads so he made it on the list with every other lead vendor I've ever done business with and had no use for. A few months ago I started my own call center doing the same thing and learned a lot about what it takes to generate leads that way. The bottom line is that if you're in a receptive market and don't mind paying for the lead generation then it's just like any other lead system, it may or may not get good results.
I was helping him advertise his services while they were working but now sell them myself. I have agents running the leads I generate (I don't charge them for the leads, they just take a reduced contract) and I have one agent that wrote about 8k in premium off those leads over the last two weeks running them part time. Some telemarketed leads are junk and nothing more than a waste of time, but some seniors actually want to talk to someone about life insurance.
My friend was charging on a per lead basis which is tough to make good on if you get a low response rate, now that I'm selling leads myself I've changed the pricing model to work more like direct mail or live transfer leads. You're paying for the service and you get whatever the response rate is. If anyone wants more info the sites are Affordable Final Expense Leads and Affordable Medicare Leads. Again, there are some states that this marketing method simply DOES NOT work in for certain products. For example, I recruited a few agents in CT on reduced life contracts to run the presets without having to pay me for them and found out it's just not a good market. To get a legitimate telemarketed lead in CT for life insurance with the system I use it'd cost over $95/lead, so it just doesn't make sense to do business there using that marketing method. On the other hand, states like MO, CO, and TX work well. I've got an agent I'm feeding 25 leads/week consistently and doing a commission split and it's working well for both of us now that I'm not contracting with a non-agent to provide the leads.

Seriously, I don't see why people pay for these services.

Buy list of names scrubbed against the DNC list. The script doesn't matter as much as your attitude and product knowledge.

You can call all day long and the leads are a higher quality (by far) and all you pay is 3.5 cents a name and a $30 per month phone bill.

Amen. I have not purchased a lead in at least six to eight years. When working the senior market it a HUGE waste of money to do so.

It's nice to see that other agents have learned to prospect and generate their own leads. Selling is easy, anyone can do it. It's the prospecting that separates the wannab's from the pros.

Take copious notes and ALWAYS find out which company they have their coverage with currently.

If an agent will do that on every call, whether or not the prospect in interested in a policy at the time of the call, the agent will never be without steaming hot leads.

I recently utilized the Lead Champion to have the SET APPOINTMENTS --I paid $800 to The Lead Champion for this service. The result are as follows. Please read carefully
37 SET APPOINTMENTS/ 32 ( yes---32) NO SHOWS, and the 5 individuals that did answer the door had no idea why I was there to meet with them. I followed up with phone calls to the 32 NO SHOWS---and the one's I was able to contact stated to me that they had not talked to anyone, and certainly never set an appointment to meet with me...In addition, Tim, Robin, and Patricia will not respond to letters or phone calls to negotiate a deal of some type. Be careful of what you wish for. I should have known better. I am a seasoned veteran of over 30 years-They fooled me--Be careful. Contact me for more information if you need it. It's very hard to find a reputable lead company. Thanx, and have a great year. Tom

Back