Top 10 Items That Insurance Agencies Can Do to Make Their Agents More Successful?

It is so tough to learn it all and try to sell at the same time. One always has to be reading on the sideline and push oneself to educate. It come through when you talking to someone. Makes the customer feel better when you explain policies. Life insurance for business owners is one product that gets forgotten. Key employee and insurance on the other partner is stuff that many business owners dont ever think about.

As a sales trainer in the insurance field, I've found what is sorely lacking is a culture of service and sales training based on that mindset. Product knowledge only goes so far, and you will burn through potential clients (aka leads) without initial & ongoing sales skills and support.

If you do not have a methodically designed presentation, understand qualifying sales or appointments, know how to prevent or handle "objections" understand closing (trial closes, etc), and have continued encouragement & tweaking, you will be winging it, and winging it is not a formula for success.

At the very least you must have potential customers, sales training and product knowledge in order to succeed.

Too many agents and agencies just want to get out there and sell, but that will lead to failure, if it were that easy everyone would be successful instead the failure rate is high. So you must be prepared to do this job as you would any other. If you wanted to become a brain surgeon would you start by cutting open your friend's head?
:nah:

Consistent action will always bring consistent results. Don't like the results? Change the action.

I read these forums and I often wonder what Agencies could do for their agents to help alleviate some of the questions that pop up. For instance Tax advice on how much to withhold, or website develop and important content / news letters.

I want to hear from everyone here what they think an agency should provide an independent agent to make their business more successful. Or, what an agency could provide in a perfect world? Lets talk about how to build the perfect setup that would support all of us in the field!!

1) I'll start, I think agencies should make their own in house power point videos for each product and not just rely on what the insurance companies provide.

Back