Top 100 P&C Agencies

I'd guess that contingency as a directly contracted agency would be double what a cluster would pay. Have to figure in the freeloaders tapping in with undersized books and oversized losses.

Wrong.

Contingency in a group is much larger.

Remember a contingency check is most frequently based on three variables:

SIZE OF BOOK- The Kicker. Who has a larger book- Mom/Pop or Big Group
Profitability
Growth

No free loaders. if a contingency is based on those factors sign a contract that holds you to those same factors......

So...have you handed out 100K+ contingency checks to agents with 4 million EP with a single carrier? just curious...and not concerned if you don't want to answer...just doubtful

There ARE DIFFERNT LISTS. That is Revenue not WP.

Pics of Contingency checks... we get them all year and they are really big. Last one I saw was 119k (I believe) and shared with our agents (I know)- They knew the amount prior to us receiving the check- a great way to be transparent.

I believe we have additional comp with over 40 carriers. The SIAA guy is right, it is the beauties of joining a group.

Ins1245: You do make more than me. Baaaaaaam!

Nice work. Is that why one of your Florida Reps was driving a Lambo the other day?

That's Hilarious! He won it at the last Convention in a Golf outing. He is a great Golfer. But not a Lambo Guy! I think He got it for 48 hrs.

There ARE DIFFERNT LISTS. That is Revenue not WP.

Pics of Contingency checks... we get them all year and they are really big. Last one I saw was 119k (I believe) and shared with our agents (I know)- They knew the amount prior to us receiving the check- a great way to be transparent.

I believe we have additional comp with over 40 carriers. The SIAA guy is right, it is the beauties of joining a group.

Ins1245: You do make more than me. Baaaaaaam!

^is there a reason you edited this post?

No sarcasm...have you ever given one of your agents a contingency of over 100 grand? simple question

I know what my 5M book generates in contingency and you say it would be higher in a cluster. I'm betting that you're wrong

WP = written premium to me...but it's early in the day

What are you referring to?

FYI...Erie has plenty of $$ perks if you're a player. A producer who's willing to break a sweat can make an additional 75K in bonuses besides contingency.

Back