• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Tracking My Sucess with AFLAC

I wish you the best of luck in your new endevour. If they will provide you with training and help you get started then that is something that is becoming more and more rare in the industry these days.

I have not personally sold AFLAC, but my step mother did a stint with them a few years ago. She was enthusiastic about it and gave it her best effort but in the end she gave up actually owing them money. She had a hard time selling anything and when she did she often had to chase down the premium payments from the companies herself. Being on the BGA side of things and helping brokers sell life, di, ltc, etc. I tried to get her to expand her discussion with the owners to include individual life insurance, di, etc. but she really just didn't have the confidence to be able to do that I think.

Again, I do wish you great success and I am looking forward to reading about how things progress for you.

Excerpt from Insurance & Financial Advisor | The nation

An insurance agent from Secane, Pa., had his insurance license revoked after state regulators determined he submitting 114 false insurance applications.
Derek Michael Chastain was terminated by American Family Life Assurance Co. of Columbus (AFLAC) Nov. 30, 2009, in connection with the case, according to Pennsylvania Insurance Department records.
those policies submitBetween April 2005 and August 2009, Chastain submitted 165 policies to AFLAC to cover his family and friends, records show....Pennsylvania authorities say Chastain knowingly submitted business to AFLAC that contained false, inaccurate or misleading information that caused the policies to be issued. He started working for AFLAC in September 2003.
r

Check SC Dept. of Insurance for all agents that lost their licenses by fraud...deception...fictious groups..signing up clients that do no exist. anyone that does this will be caught and procecuted. AFLAC is a big company but they will go after associates that do not follow the insurance code "And that is all I have to say about that" Forest Gump would be a good asset for AFLAC.He would write every group and get all Fireball series awards.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FYI, AFLAC is cracking down on agents violating the No Contact list. In the past, if it was violated you would lose the right to be promoted. As of last week pop-ups on the company website now state if you violate it, you will lose your job. Companies are jumping on the list all over the country. I get an e-mail almost everyday about a new company being added.
What is the so called "No Contact List"Does it really exist or is this a scare tactic. Why don't you request a copy from your DSM or regional or state office.......good luck

Last edited:
Not pertaining to AFLAC, but similar.

We have been driving around our city about (500,000)for a couple weeks looking for office space. We have started joking about all the Farmers agents out there. There are sometime 2-3 in a three block area. A lot are in small offices, 250 sq ft. Is there that much business or are they hiring anyone that fogs a mirror? Very few Allstate or State farm. But those are a lot larger.

BtoB companies need to manage reps and territory with an iron fist. If not, the territory gets burned out, business owners get irate and that affects your ability to hire new talent.

First of all, territory needs to be assigned. You can't hire countless reps and unleash them - even in a large city.

Reps need to report back with daily progress on their territory "Monday covered from Main st to Oak st."

When an owner requests that no more reps solicit that business it needs to be noted. If that same rep or another rep works that territory again, they need the list of "no contact" businesses.

Not pertaining to AFLAC, but similar.

We have been driving around our city about (500,000)for a couple weeks looking for office space. We have started joking about all the Farmers agents out there. There are sometime 2-3 in a three block area. A lot are in small offices, 250 sq ft. Is there that much business or are they hiring anyone that fogs a mirror? Very few Allstate or State farm. But those are a lot larger.

Pretty much. Farmers hires about like Aflac, once you get out of the reserve stage you have to go get an office. However, you generally don't have the assets to build a State Farm or Allstate like office.

As I understand it, Farmers has a much larger appetite for commercial risks. Perhaps if they were more selective and required better capitalized agents, they'd do better. Their agents certainly have the opportunity to get those larger commercial accounts that will see them through periods of uncompetitive home and auto premiums.

What is the so called "No Contact List"Does it really exist or is this a scare tactic. Why don't you request a copy from your DSM or regional or state office.......good luck[/quote]

It is on the main Agent Aflac website. It is sorted by state search and is updated every Friday. It is getting very large and you are supposed to check it before BtoB marketing.

The fact that such a list even has to exist should tell you everything you need to know about Aflac.

What's worrying is that new Aflac agents are not being told about the list.

Are you kidding?? That is the best news yet. Hopefully they'll violate it, get canned and actually have a chance. They can get with a place where they might have a chance to succeed, or get out of insurance. Either way, if caught early enough, they won't be another victim of the duck.

Back