Tracking My Sucess with AFLAC

OK? that last post makes 0 sense to me.

Anyway, I am settled in now, and have passed the state licensing exam. I have a license and a writing number with aflac. I will go to my orientation tomorrow morning. I'll keep this updated as I begin my new career.

P.S. the exam wasn't terribly difficult. I really felt unprepared when I arrived, and also felt some of the questions were a little tricky, but I wound up with a good score.

Buy, AND STUDY, the book "The Wedge" right away, it is perfect for you. I just finished reading it and highlighted it do death. It definitely gave me new ideas about speaking with business owners.

FYI, AFLAC is cracking down on agents violating the No Contact list. In the past, if it was violated you would lose the right to be promoted. As of last week pop-ups on the company website now state if you violate it, you will lose your job. Companies are jumping on the list all over the country. I get an e-mail almost everyday about a new company being added.

Speaking of AFLAC monitoring their associates..Go to your state DOI and see how many of aflac's associates are losing their licenses for various offences that could result in prosecution.

Speaking of AFLAC monitoring their associates..Go to your state DOI and see how many of aflac's associates are losing their licenses for various offences that could result in prosecution.

The predictable result of desperation. There are too many insurance companies who hire anyone with a pulse, throw them out there, and let them sink or swim. Ultimately most agents start starving and begin pushing too hard. That's where rules and laws are broken.

AFLAC is as bad as any of them.

BtoB companies need to manage reps and territory with an iron fist. If not, the territory gets burned out, business owners get irate and that affects your ability to hire new talent.

First of all, territory needs to be assigned. You can't hire countless reps and unleash them - even in a large city.

Reps need to report back with daily progress on their territory "Monday covered from Main st to Oak st."

When an owner requests that no more reps solicit that business it needs to be noted. If that same rep or another rep works that territory again, they need the list of "no contact" businesses.

BtoB companies need to manage reps and territory with an iron fist. If not, the territory gets burned out, business owners get irate and that affects your ability to hire new talent.

First of all, territory needs to be assigned. You can't hire countless reps and unleash them - even in a large city.

Reps need to report back with daily progress on their territory "Monday covered from Main st to Oak st."

When an owner requests that no more reps solicit that business it needs to be noted. If that same rep or another rep works that territory again, they need the list of "no contact" businesses.

That is hilarious. If Aflac did that, they'd have about 10% of the agents they currently have.

Yes, they'd have 10% of the agents they have now and be writing twice the total business Aflac currently pulls in from BtoB sales. That's the entire point.

The organization would end up fighting it. You'd have to cut all those State Managers, Regional Managers, District Managers, etc. Sadly, too many people depend on keeping it the status quo.

I agree with you, but it would take a strong leader to shake up the tree. They don't see that the current system is broken.

Back