Tracking My Sucess with AFLAC

Every one has access to the do not contact list. It's one of the main tabs that are on our agent website as soon as we log in. I have enjoyed working for aflac. I have many other lines of business that I can sell now. But Aflac trained me very well. But just Aflac alone is not enough to make a good living. Hope this guy learns that quicker than I did. Get into major medical and medicare and get another carrier for life insurance. I get 90% commission on my other life carriers. Aflac is like 40%. Crazy!!!

Two things I want to say: Pic= sweet gig there. Any opportunities like that for me here in TX? Geez, 5000 life policies in 5 years?

Also, Mr Mac, I am an Iowegian living in TX.

yeah...but you make up for it cause aflac life cost much more than other carriers

Thats true. But most people just can't or don't want to pay what Aflac charges for life insurance. My other carriers are usually 40% cheaper than Aflac. So at least I can sell them something. $80 per month with Aflac versus $45 a month with a diff carrier is usually an easy sell to my clients. I'd rather make 90% of the cheaper policy than 0% of the more expensive policy.

Well I have been at it now for about 4 weeks. I was dissappointed in the beginning because I felt I wasn't being trained very well. I had some warm leads that I was able to sell to. I have signed up two groups so far. One group had about 92% participation, and the other is still in enrollment, so I don't know how it will work out, but it doesn't look like we'll have great numbers. So far I have not had anyone rude about aflac, some have been approached before. Most odjections are pretty par for the current course "we've laid almost everyone off, and only have 2 employees left". But there are some other companies that are fairing well and are receptive. I have an appointment with a fairly large company next week that should go well. I am also working with one company in particular that had aflac in the past, had a problem, switched to Colonial, Had major problems, and switched to... ( I can't remeber). Anyway they are going to talk with me about coming back to aflac. I am fairly pleased with my start so far, but do feel the direct training is not very good. However I am scheduled to go to formal aflac training this week, so I'll see how that goes.

I do like the post earlier about getting another life carrier to sell for. I was not really impressed with aflac's life. I can't even sell it direct to some friends who are asking me to sell them some life. I can only offer it to groups.

Any suggestions on which companies to sell for?

IN A NUTSHELL I THINK AFLAC IS GOOD SO FAR. I AM STILL NEW THOUGH AND WANT TO SEE A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I MAKE MY FINAL JUDGEMENT.

Ok. I'm new, but have read a lot of threads on this forum. Seems to be much AFLAC bashing. Despite all of the bashing I see many nuggets of good news. I have decided to go with AFLAC in Florida once I get my license. I intend to make regular posts here to track my progress.

LET'S PLEASE NOT USE THIS AS ANOTHER PLATFORM TO BASH AFLAC.

I don't mind any negative comments, but please qualify them with YOUR actual experiences, not vague generalities, or my friend saids.

Of course I welcome any positive comments too. Just please follow the same rules of PERSONAL experience, and full disclosure. No recruiting pitches PLEASE.

There is little doubt that is a bad story for any company if you ask the right people, but please only speak out of PERSONAL experience.
well i must say goodluck,
one thing i want you to know is that they have different policies for every year.

Well I have been at it now for about 4 weeks. I was dissappointed in the beginning because I felt I wasn't being trained very well. I had some warm leads that I was able to sell to. I have signed up two groups so far. One group had about 92% participation, and the other is still in enrollment, so I don't know how it will work out, but it doesn't look like we'll have great numbers. So far I have not had anyone rude about aflac, some have been approached before. Most odjections are pretty par for the current course "we've laid almost everyone off, and only have 2 employees left". But there are some other companies that are fairing well and are receptive. I have an appointment with a fairly large company next week that should go well. I am also working with one company in particular that had aflac in the past, had a problem, switched to Colonial, Had major problems, and switched to... ( I can't remeber). Anyway they are going to talk with me about coming back to aflac. I am fairly pleased with my start so far, but do feel the direct training is not very good. However I am scheduled to go to formal aflac training this week, so I'll see how that goes.

I do like the post earlier about getting another life carrier to sell for. I was not really impressed with aflac's life. I can't even sell it direct to some friends who are asking me to sell them some life. I can only offer it to groups.

Any suggestions on which companies to sell for?

IN A NUTSHELL I THINK AFLAC IS GOOD SO FAR. I AM STILL NEW THOUGH AND WANT TO SEE A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I MAKE MY FINAL JUDGEMENT.

I have signed with a broker HCO to write with multiple companies. I mainly write Life with Genworth. I can sell Health, Life, Medicare, etc. by going through Health Choice One. You can sell Aflac Life direct. It's just about 20% higher than through payroll. You just can't sell Vision or STD. Good luck!

Also the person that wrote that Aflac has new policies every year, thats not true. We update our policies maybe every 4 to 5 years. Some havn't been updated in longer than that.

When I use the SmartQuote I do not have the option to quote and individual a direct life policy except the term to 25, and the juvenile. Maybe this varies by state.

As far as HCO, I have read about them on their site. They sound to good to be true. One contract, and they auto populate the individual carrier contracts, top commission out of the gate, etc. What is the catch? Where do they make their money? I'm guessing they take a slice of com?

When I use the SmartQuote I do not have the option to quote and individual a direct life policy except the term to 25, and the juvenile. Maybe this varies by state.

As far as HCO, I have read about them on their site. They sound to good to be true. One contract, and they auto populate the individual carrier contracts, top commission out of the gate, etc. What is the catch? Where do they make their money? I'm guessing they take a slice of com?

They have an override over and above your commission...There are many FMOs now that have an electronic contracting system that can repopulate forms that you have previously answered. This is a totally different experience and culture than being an AFLAC agent...I would suggest you take a look...Also most Life Carriers allow dual contracting so even if you have a bad experience with one FMO you can easliy get a new contract with another FMO.

Latest posts

Back