Tracking My Sucess with AFLAC

"Strictly from the consumer point of view, I can't think of any type of policy (especially major med) that payouts justify premiums"

Are you sure this is the right business for you if you feel that way?

Strictly from the consumer point of view, I can't think of any type of policy (especially major med) that payouts justify premiums. However, if folks are purchasing them, and other folks are selling them, then the premiums must be at current market rates.

Want to take a look at some of the payouts on the HIPAA plans I write? A couple of examples.....

Most recent last week, $650 a month in premium, $129,000 pre-authorized self-injectible medication.

Largest claim to date, $1,874,000 pre-negotiation. Monthly premium is $428 for that person.

"Strictly from the consumer point of view, I can't think of any type of policy (especially major med) that payouts justify premiums"

Are you sure this is the right business for you if you feel that way?
The point I am making is that from a CONSUMER'S point of view insurance is too costly. The later part of that statement explains that regardless of sentiment consumers do purchase all types of insurance. So from my point of view the premiums are dead on because if they weren't consumers wouldn't buy them. I was responding to a vague statement about the value of a policy payout vs. premium.

BTW as far as AFLAC goes I think the real value in their product line is that, as Mr.Mack pointed out, they are perceived to be incredibly inexpensive. For the things they cover, the premiums are a drop in the bucket if you do need to file a serious claim.

Again I am only looking at this from the CONSUMER'S Point of view because I am not yet "inside" the industry.

Want to take a look at some of the payouts on the HIPAA plans I write? A couple of examples.....

Most recent last week, $650 a month in premium, $129,000 pre-authorized self-injectible medication.

Largest claim to date, $1,874,000 pre-negotiation. Monthly premium is $428 for that person.
Again, Dave speaking from the consumer p.o.v. Every policy that is purchased had a buyer and a seller, so it is at a market rate. Sure there are some who far exceed the premiums in payouts, but if that were the norm ins companies would go out of business.

Perception is the only reality. The perception is insurance is too high. Heck, we elected a president based mostly on that perception.

That comment is neither positive or negative, just what I consider to be a fact.

PICnic,

What do you do now?

ABC,

Strictly from the consumer point of view, I can't think of any type of policy (especially major med) that payouts justify premiums. However, if folks are purchasing them, and other folks are selling them, then the premiums must be at current market rates.

I couldn't agree more. That monthly premium didn't justify the $125K claim for a surgery from last month.

Cigna will likely recoup that in my premiums in less than 2 years.

Rick

PICnic,

What do you do now?

ABC,

Bo

You have much to learn.

I currently have Aflac in many group accounts. Every year I have one or two claims on cancer policies.

The fact that you are unable to see the value of major med policies shows how ignorant you are.

I couldn't agree more. That monthly premium didn't justify the $125K claim for a surgery from last month.

Cigna will likely recoup that in my premiums in less than 2 years.

Rick

You pay $5,208 a month in premium? Wow, you need to shop your coverage there, Rick :)

The fact that you are unable to see the value of major med policies shows how ignorant you are.

He ought to fit right in with most Aflac accounts, he seems to have the same mentality. They could care less about that serious injury or illness. All he cares about is that $25 co-pay and how it is such a ripoff when he is paying $300 a month for family coverage from his employer.

Back