Trans FE by phone?

Say what? :huh:

Aetna is the TPA for a lot of smaller carriers for Med Supps. Are you saying they don't do their own FE?

They farmed out their FE service earlier this year. Commissions too.

An already screwed up company got even more screwed up.

They really only want to sell ancillary products now anyway.

They farmed out their FE service earlier this year. Commissions too.

An already screwed up company got even more screwed up.

They really only want to sell ancillary products now anyway.
I didn't know that. I hadn't paid much attention to their FE lately. I used to like ACI for FE. Who's TPA for their FE?

There's a lot I don't like about Aetna, but I love their E-App and the fact that they(and the carriers they TPA for) show the current Med Supp premium on the website, where all the other carriers just show the initial premium.

The problem with Aetna is after the eApp is submitted. Especially since they have gone to a third party administrator for their business.
Yeah, you really have to follow up with them now, for anything that requires one extra step, count on 3-4. Had a case recently, internal replacement, continued to draft premiums for both policies, which took it over their stated policy face amount limit..still took three more phone calls to get it straightened out.

There is a lot to like about them, and I use them frequently, but this third party thing (landmark financial) has a few kinks. The people are very friendly, but seem to be "learning as they go along", almost like they just got there yesterday.

Last edited:
I didn't know that. I hadn't paid much attention to their FE lately. I used to like ACI for FE. Who's TPA for their FE?

There's a lot I don't like about Aetna, but I love their E-App and the fact that they(and the carriers they TPA for) show the current Med Supp premium on the website, where all the other carriers just show the initial premium.

Landmark is the TPA for life products but they they don't take over until after issue.

AmCon has never been a real player in FE. They were better under Genworth but still not a big player. When Aetna took over it went constantly downhill but still never much of a player in the FE arena.

While they were going thru the sale to Humana they really went downhill fast. They wanted out and were getting out. Then the government stopped that sale. Utter chaos.

Then CVS stepped in and they went completely off the cliff. Pretty much a useless company today. For FE that is. Headed that direction on sups.

Landmark is the TPA for life products but they they don't take over until after issue.

AmCon has never been a real player in FE. They were better under Genworth but still not a big player. When Aetna took over it went constantly downhill but still never much of a player in the FE arena.

While they were going thru the sale to Humana they really went downhill fast. They wanted out and were getting out. Then the government stopped that sale. Utter chaos.

Then CVS stepped in and they went completely off the cliff. Pretty much a useless company today. For FE that is. Headed that direction on sups.
When Aetna 1st bought them, they were bad, I gave up on them for a while. I didn't think they were too bad on FE, (no height/weight, Graded plan and it seems like they had some of the best Modified rates), but I'm not an "FE guy".

I'll think twice about using them for FE now that I know they pass it off after issue.

My big complaint about Aetna is on the phone, nobody seems to know what the f*ck is going on.

When Aetna 1st bought them, they were bad, I gave up on them for a while. I didn't think they were too bad on FE, (no height/weight, Graded plan and it seems like they had some of the best Modified rates), but I'm not an "FE guy".

I'll think twice about using them for FE now that I know they pass it off after issue.

My big complaint about Aetna is on the phone, nobody seems to know what the f*ck is going on.

They had some underwriting niches but they were always just too high priced to get anything but junk.

Back