Transitioning into Cheaper Policy

Bcrane0305

Guru
100+ Post Club
I had a customer today buy a 30$ gerber policy off me today. This was after I had met with him 2 different times recommending him policies that were 50 to 100 percent more expensive. (lincoln Heritage modified, trans graded)All he would talk about was price during my 1st two sits and I got the 3000 for 65 ain't gonna bury me objection. He did not care about anything but price! So he rejected my offers. Today I was in the area and showed him a gerber policy and he was a buyer. My question to you guys if you can't get a high price- high commission graded policy through what do you do if they are willing to buy a cheaper policy. Is the deal over or do you like to translation into a gerber?

Last edited:
I had a customer today buy a 30$ gerber policy off me today. This was after I had met with him 2 different types recommending him policies that were 50 to 100 percent more expensive. (lincoln Heritage modified)All he would talk about was price during my 1st two sits and I got the 3000 for 65 ain't gonna bury me objection. He did not care about anything but price! So he rejected my offers. Today I was in the area and showed him a gerber policy and he was a buyer. My question to you guys if you can't get a high price- high commission graded policy through what do you do if they are willing to buy a cheaper policy. Is the deal over or do you like to translation into a gerber?

He made the choice.. why should you walk away?

He made the choice.. why should you walk away?

Right. Wouldn't it be awkward if the customer was like I aint buying 68 for 3000! That ain't even gonna bury me! Me: okay. Okay. I actually have a plan that is 30 for 5000. Lol. Should I even transition? In this case it worked out because i did not have gerber previously and pulled the i just got appointed by a carrier that is significantly cheaper.

Tell him, "$3000 may not bury you. But when your family is passing the hat, why don't you throw in three grand? It's your funeral." Oh, forget that. Your way is better, you got paid. Good job!

p.s.-Never look at small sales as a waste of time. Your time has already been wasted. Might as well have a little something to show for it.

Last edited:
If you are dumb enough to buy 2 year ROP when you can get immedaite coverage then I know someone dumb enough to sell it to you.:yes:

I had a customer today buy a 30$ gerber policy off me today. This was after I had met with him 2 different times recommending him policies that were 50 to 100 percent more expensive. (lincoln Heritage modified, trans graded)All he would talk about was price during my 1st two sits and I got the 3000 for 65 ain't gonna bury me objection. He did not care about anything but price! So he rejected my offers. Today I was in the area and showed him a gerber policy and he was a buyer. My question to you guys if you can't get a high price- high commission graded policy through what do you do if they are willing to buy a cheaper policy. Is the deal over or do you like to translation into a gerber?

It is his choice. As long as he signs a note that I showed other plans and he picked Modified. I am good with it. I just include the note with the app when he is signing. But I would not have been going back and forth over $30. But in the end you got paid where I would not have. Good for you.

Just a note: Which looks better to you?

68 for 3000 or 30 for 5000
Or
$3,000.00 @ 68. or $5,000.00 @ 30.

Big positive small negative

If you are dumb enough to buy 2 year ROP when you can get immedaite coverage then I know someone dumb enough to sell it to you.:yes:

You are not the best reader/listener. You sure do like to chirp. Immediate coverage is overrated. Trans smoker standard is 50.97 and I would have not been able to get him through that do to copd. And heart conditions. Gerber 30.28. That is 2400 over 10 years.

Last edited:
You are not the best reader/listener. You sure do like to chirp. Immediate coverage is overrated. Trans smoker standard is 50.97 and I would have not been able to get him through that do to copd. And heart conditions. Gerber 30.28. That is 2400 over 10 years.

I didn't read it as him talking to you, don't be a dick.

I've said this many times but I will say it again. You need to get with an upline that can train you.

Problem is, there's not one out there that can.

Back