Travelers - Georgia Superspeeder Law

I put a fake one in.....cheaper....

When my son's driving, we'll have a GPS devise in the car so I can track his speed in real time. Not only will that solve the issue but it also solves peer pressure issues. He can make me look like the dbag:

"Dude, punch it!"

"I'd love to but my dad has this stupid device in the car so I can't."

Travelers does not exclude drivers. The only companies I'm aware of that do are Progressive and Hanover.

Can you talk with the underwriter about this? Seems it might need some extra consideration considering the circumstances, package account, etc.

Wow-good to know! I'm just interested personally as I have no advice on P&C;but I drive to GA about once a month.In Alabama,most drive in the left lane;10 to 20 mph over limit on the interstate.Half of the drivers are also talking on a cell-phone.Road signs are merely suggestions. I love living here, just the way it is nowadays.Watch that GA line coming up fast....

My rule for my soon to be 21 year old son was that if you get a ticket and it causes the insurance to increase, you get to pay the difference (we pay for the insurance). So last year he and some friends went to Indianapolis for a concert. On the way home he got a ticket. Of course, as with all teenager/20-somethings, he wasn't speeding. The cop was wrong.

So on my renewal, the rate went up $254 for the year. My son got to pay the $254. And he also understands now that the increase will stay with him for a few years. So the $120 ticket ends up costing close to a $1,000. He gets it now. No more speeding.

WELL - NOW I GET THE REST OF THE STORY ON THIS ONE. Travelers did NOT cancel the whole family based upon this one little "superspeeder" infraction. Ran into the parents at a school thing and Mom told me the other things that happened. They also had 2 medical claims, one with Mom who was in Atlanta doing jury duty and she and a paralegal hit each other in the parking lot. According to her the paralegal says - don't worry everythings okay, we don't need to call the cops. Travelers does a phone interview with mom who says she wasn't sure if it was her fault or not, thinks they were both at fault. Finds out later the paralegal had sued for medical problems related to the accident, and Travelers gave her $5K, probably since she works for an attorney. Not sure what the other medical liability story was, think it is similar but that one wasn't the son. His ticket was just the last straw for Travelers. They said they had no idea Travelers had paid out these med claims until their agent checked into the cancellation. Plus I find out Dad had run his car into the bridge on their property and messed up his door (it was open, he was backing out).

Now mom is pissed and blaming the insurance company for their woes. They don't realize they are now a multiple risk. Their agent I think quoted Progressive, and Travelers didn't cancel their home coverage. They have until mid April to get new coverage. I am not very versed in P&C so I have asked agents I know and sounds like their agent is probably doing the best he/she can considering the circumstances by quoting Progressive.

Not gonna try to get their business. I know them personally and don't want the headaches (w mom especially, yikes!).

Ga just passed some new carseat law that now you kids has to be either 7 years old or weigh so much.

My 5 year old will never get out of this dang carseat...

Ga just passed some new carseat law that now you kids has to be either 7 years old or weigh so much.

My 5 year old will never get out of this dang carseat...

My sister-in-law is 4'11" and 80 pounds. She should be in a car seat while she is driving. Looks through the steering wheel to see!:D

What the heck is a superspeeder law?
Sounds like a way to get more money for the local government.

My Jaguar doesn't even run right till I'm getting close to a 100MPH. Unfortunately, in California they have started cracking down on speeders and will actually ticket you for going over 100 nowadays, sometimes.

Dan

What the heck is a superspeeder law?
Sounds like a way to get more money for the local government.

My Jaguar doesn't even run right till I'm getting close to a 100MPH. Unfortunately, in California they have started cracking down on speeders and will actually ticket you for going over 100 nowadays, sometimes.

Dan

Good one! Might be a good idea for you to stay out of Georgia then. And yes, it is more money for local government. They love to catch people here in a hurry to get to their Florida vacation. Not in Atlanta so much (maybe?). Although my friend's son (the reason I started this thread) was pulled over in an Atl suburb.

The superspeeder law is to fine people extra who are speeding, only more speedier than the regular speeder. I thought it was for people going 20+ over the posted speed limit, but I guess I was wrong about that. Read on: Georgia Super Speeder Law

Last edited:
Back