Travelers - Georgia Superspeeder Law

What the heck is a superspeeder law?
Sounds like a way to get more money for the local government.

My Jaguar doesn't even run right till I'm getting close to a 100MPH. Unfortunately, in California they have started cracking down on speeders and will actually ticket you for going over 100 nowadays, sometimes.

Dan

In MD there's no "super speeder law" per se, but if you're going a certain percentage over the posted limit you could get a ticket for reckless driving. That's 12 points and an automatic license suspension.

I know I've read quite a few news stories over the past few years on small southern towns that make a killing. It's when the posted speed limit drops suddenly from 50 to say 25 as you enter the town limits but there's a cop waiting literally a few yards after the 25 MPH sign counting on the fact that most people hit the sign at 40 and plan on slowing from there.

Last edited:
In MD there's no "super speeder law" per se, but if you're going a certain percentage over the posted limit you could get a ticket for reckless driving. That's 12 points and an automatic license suspension.

I know I've read quite a few news stories over the past few years on small southern towns that make a killing. It's when the posted speed limit drops suddenly from 50 to say 25 as you enter the town limits but there's a cop waiting literally a few yards after the 25 MPH sign counting on the fact that most people hit the sign at 40 and plan on slowing from there.

Like I said, don't be in a hurry to get to your Florida destination!

I've never got a ticket out of state. I assumed you'd get issued a citation and pay it later.

However, a friend of mine got pulled over in some southern town and had to follow the cop to some gov't building and pay the ticket on the spot.

I guess they don't trust people to mail the money after they get home.

Last edited:
I've never got a ticket out of state. I assumed you'd get issued a citation and pay it later.

However, a friend of mine got pulled over in some souther town and had to follow the cop to some gov't building and pay the ticket on the spot.

I guess they don't trust people to mail the money after they get home.

That's absolutely correct!

Back