• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Trial Close Questions

Have you guys really had cancelations from it or are you assuming?

I've used it many times through the years as a Hail Mary and I don't think a single one of those ever canceled.

People who are persuaded by it and then give you their bank info, sign contracts and even go through a phone interview in most cases are pretty solid by the time you leave the house.

I'm with Agentguy on this one....

YES 'think about it' is a terrible close but 50% of those stick. Your leaving premium on the table if you don't use that one from time to time.

I would wager that I don't leave as much premium on the table as you do by using it.

----------

Have you guys really had cancelations from it or are you assuming?

I've used it many times through the years as a Hail Mary and I don't think a single one of those ever canceled.

People who are persuaded by it and then give you their bank info, sign contracts and even go through a phone interview in most cases are pretty solid by the time you leave the house.

If they do a phone interview then that's not a think about it. That deal is done.
The think about close is telling them that they can think about it while the company is thinking about whether to cover them.

There's no thinking if they do the phone interview. Unless you are using companies that don't give an answer. If so then you have bigger problems than the think about it.

Last edited:
I love days like today. I started door knocking at 9 and got home at 7. When its super cold outside I know all are home and they're sitting ducks. I'm like a tiger who hasn't eaten in 2 weeks looking for prey to feast on. The only thing I need now is a gas mask as the second hand smoke is killing me.

I would wager that I don't leave as much premium on the table as you do by using it. -------

I can't think of he last time I had the opportunity to use the think about it close.

As agents, you've gotta constantly evaluate yourself...if you have to use the think about close a lot...you're doing something wrong

Back