Trouble Getting Cov/Aetna Supplies

My first Medicare OEP (after 13 yrs of being licensed) and I have someone who is turning 65 on Jan 21, 2015 and I thought I had to wait until Oct 21 to sign them up.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, if someone turns 65 on January 31, 2015, they can sign up for MAPD today?

My first Medicare OEP (after 13 yrs of being licensed) and I have someone who is turning 65 on Jan 21, 2015 and I thought I had to wait until Oct 21 to sign them up. So if I'm understanding you correctly, if someone turns 65 on January 31, 2015, they can sign up for MAPD today?
That is correct. Their initial enrollment period begins October 1 regardless of birthdate in January. Those born on the first of the month get their effective date one month sooner.

Received all my Coventry and UH supplies last night. Glad the UH came because I am writing a T-65 in January this morning.

Thanks. I always thought it was 3 months prior to birthday but you're saying it could be as much as 3 months and 30 days prior.

PCP...a T-65 can enroll in a MA-PD 3 months before their b'day month.

However, this case will be 65 in Jan 2015 so whatcha going to write them, since officially the new plans cannot be written until Oct 15, or later, for year 2015.

So they can wait another 13 days and we will be there. Guess this is an exception to 3 months prior, but officially you don't have a plan available until the 15th of Oct for next year.

That is how I understand it. KRAZY

PCP...a T-65 can enroll in a MA-PD 3 months before their b'day month. However, this case will be 65 in Jan 2015 so whatcha going to write them, since officially the new plans cannot be written until Oct 15, or later, for year 2015. So they can wait another 13 days and we will be there. Guess this is an exception to 3 months prior, but officially you don't have a plan available until the 15th of Oct for next year. That is how I understand it. KRAZY
I have not had any carrier state that January T65 beneficiaries whose IEP starts October 1 must wait until October 15 to enroll in a plan for a January 1 start. That was not true last year, and I've not heard of any carrier say that it's true this year.

PCP...a T-65 can enroll in a MA-PD 3 months before their b'day month. However, this case will be 65 in Jan 2015 so whatcha going to write them, since officially the new plans cannot be written until Oct 15, or later, for year 2015. So they can wait another 13 days and we will be there. Guess this is an exception to 3 months prior, but officially you don't have a plan available until the 15th of Oct for next year. That is how I understand it. KRAZY

Officially? You're referring to AEP. You can write a January T65 as of yesterday. Maybe you guys are screwing with me here! Come on guys

Yes, it's the first day of the month that is 3 months before turning 65 (unless they turn 65 on the 1st).

I always thought it was 3 months to the day backward but it can feasibly be 3 months and 30 days prior to T65.

Well I know I don't have supplies for 3 out of 5 carriers so I couldn't for just any plan.

Back