Trump Won, Vows Day 1 Full Repeal. Lets Discuss.

A friend of mine used to distinguish between good clean oats that could nourish and those that have previously been run through the horse. One is worth something, the other not.

Unfortunately, Congress seems bent on providing the latter while justifying untruths while using a straight face and throwing stones at the other party.

We do not have the intent to fix healthcare. It has become so expensive that it is unaffordable for most at its root. The only "market force" that could bring costs down comes into play only if everyone had to pay out of their pocket. We are past that point and are moving to pay for healthcare with tax dollars instead of foregone income in the form of premiums.

Anyone with multiple millions in assets benefits significantly from lower marginal tax rates hence the move to privatize Medicare and Social Security. Give a voucher that initially covers costs, don't increase the voucher thus hold taxes steady and eventually price the middle class out. Screw it. They don't need this stuff anyway.

Privatizing our prison system worked. It turned a prisoner into a $50,000 annual revenue source. We have 6x more people incarcerated in the land of the free than does China with its 4x greater population.

Let's defund Planned Parenthood while we're at it. After all, they kill babies and I don't want my money going to anything so immoral. It don't matter that PP does other stuff. While we're at it, let's defund our war machine. We spend twice as much as the rest of the world and people hate us for it. Oops, can't do that - private enterprise makes too much money selling weapons to the Gubmt and around the world.

This stuff makes my eyes tired.

Come on man, you've never heard of second harvest???

A friend of mine used to distinguish between good clean oats that could nourish and those that have previously been run through the horse. One is worth something, the other not.

Unfortunately, Congress seems bent on providing the latter while justifying untruths while using a straight face and throwing stones at the other party.

We do not have the intent to fix healthcare. It has become so expensive that it is unaffordable for most at its root. The only "market force" that could bring costs down comes into play only if everyone had to pay out of their pocket. We are past that point and are moving to pay for healthcare with tax dollars instead of foregone income in the form of premiums.

Anyone with multiple millions in assets benefits significantly from lower marginal tax rates hence the move to privatize Medicare and Social Security. Give a voucher that initially covers costs, don't increase the voucher thus hold taxes steady and eventually price the middle class out. Screw it. They don't need this stuff anyway.

Privatizing our prison system worked. It turned a prisoner into a $50,000 annual revenue source. We have 6x more people incarcerated in the land of the free than does China with its 4x greater population.

Let's defund Planned Parenthood while we're at it. After all, they kill babies and I don't want my money going to anything so immoral. It don't matter that PP does other stuff. While we're at it, let's defund our war machine. We spend twice as much as the rest of the world and people hate us for it. Oops, can't do that - private enterprise makes too much money selling weapons to the Gubmt and around the world. Besides, it ain't the people making the decision sending their kids off. Let's see Trump have his own enlist - nah, they're too busy collecting the family money off the Presidential decisions.

This stuff makes my eyes tired.

On the issue of planned parenthood, look up Qualified Health Centers. There's roughly 9x as many available, does exactly the same thing as PP minus abortions. I'm pro choice but I don't feel the govt should pay for it.

https://lozierinstitute.org/planned-parenthood-and-federally-qualified-health-centers/

Exactly HOW is this going to fix the rates and increase competition? Just wondering........

It won't.

Especially if underwriting is still forbidden.

Carriers, including the stupid ones, won't fall for the "trust me" sales pitch again. By the time this is enacted I doubt there will be any new carriers willing to play and unsure how many of those that have one foot out the door will be willing to come back to the dance floor.

Walmart for instance signs them up for food stamps

School systems do the same.

Every fall your open enrollment package includes info on how to apply for Medicaid and SCHIP. There is also at least one person in the school that will (for a fee) fill out your Obamacare subsidy information and guarantee you qualify for the maximum amount.

They also "do" taxes in January and guarantee a refund.

We do not have the intent to fix healthcare.

Obamacare did not "fix" health care. Neither will Trumpcare.

School systems do the same.

Every fall your open enrollment package includes info on how to apply for Medicaid and SCHIP. There is also at least one person in the school that will (for a fee) fill out your Obamacare subsidy information and guarantee you qualify for the maximum amount.

They also "do" taxes in January and guarantee a refund.

I don't know about the Obamacare, fee or taxes, but I know the school system here is very aggressive about getting people to sign up for any government assistance for which they qualify.

They also do advocate insurance for the family and especially the children. I don't mind them doing it as I know it is to help the kids, but they can be "very aggressive" about finding out if you qualify for anything.

It won't.

Obamacare did not "fix" health care. Neither will Trumpcare.

yup.

As long as they're only talking premium, health care will never be fixed. Premium is a result of cost. They aren't addressing cost, neither party. So health care will continue to piss people off no matter who is in office. We're being told to hate the name attached to the plan, rather than the details of the plan.

Until cost of care is addressed, premium will continue to rise. The ACA is basically a $50 auto deductible so it costs a lot because the insurer faces claims quicker. The current way to cheapen the premium is to add zeros to that deductible and shift risk back to the consumer. Cost of care really isn't be dealt with, just who pays for what.

The ACA really was designed to reduce medical bankruptcies, which means premium shoots up because the consumer doesn't have risk beyond $6850. Which sounds like a lot, to somebody who hasn't gotten sick.

I've had the wonderful experience of maxing out my costs for claims the last three years in a row. My plan maxed at 5k. In 2016 I maxed before Feb 1st. 5 skin grafts will do that to you.

2015 bone infection in the left foot, ended up with a 5 day stay in intensive care for a total of 37k. by April when my right foot was amputated I had a special service rep from the insurance company as I spent 6 weeks in two hospitals, then months at home in another hospital bed and wheelchair.

My costs were so high that the Blue who does my insurance actually provides me for FREE a visiting nurse quarterly to check on me.

All these 3 years in claims started with bad blisters from wearing flip flops camping. it does suck to be me as I am still trying to find some sort of normal 2.5 years later.

But I look at my situation and difference between the proposals is one would cost me 5k and the other maybe 20-30k, but less premium. The problem would be coming up with 30k in one shot. Most Americans want that lower premium but have no way of paying that increased risk cost. So you get by with a cheaper premium, then if you get sick, everything's gone. I mean I paid 5k a year these last 3. Imagine paying 90k.....

So healthcare is a can't win proposition for either political party if they only address insurance. It can be really expensive premium wise or it can be really expensive risk wise. Either way outcomes will be bad for somebody.

And by the way, since maybe 25% (optimistic) of the agents here have DI on themselves, I strongly suggest if you don't have DI you purchase a plan for yourself. It is something to have when you're sitting in a hospital bed having to pay bills. I could swing the 5k a year, because I could pay my other bills with my DI coverage.

I never considered something as simple as a blister could have almost killed me last year. That I would develop MRSA and lose a foot and have a hell of a time trying to adjust to life, consistently reinjuring the stump as I try to make a go of things. But I am glad I have health insurance.

Sorry just feeling my oats today. Today is the first time in Two years I have worn pants. I have worn a weight offset boot that goes up to the knee during that time and pant legs were just a hassle. So cargo shorts for the last two years and I am in the pacific northwest where it's wet and cold a lot. Cheers.

I don't know about the Obamacare, fee or taxes, but I know the school system here is very aggressive about getting people to sign up for any government assistance for which they qualify.

They also do advocate insurance for the family and especially the children. I don't mind them doing it as I know it is to help the kids, but they can be "very aggressive" about finding out if you qualify for anything.

Schools get more funding for students on public assistance, if I recall correctly.

Schools get more funding for students on public assistance, if I recall correctly.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Also, if the child is properly clothed and fed, they are more likely to come to school. Which means the child does better in school and the system gets the revenue for the child attending. A win all around.

Title 1 schools get additional federal funding (taxpayer money) based on the percentage of low income students. The money goes mostly for free lunches, before school and after school meals including meals during the summer.

Yes, we feed our students 3 meals a day in some cases almost year round and charge them nothing.

Following Trump's trend of backing out of his campaign promises, day one repeal is off the table, as is full repeal and replacement in his first 100 days (as pledged in his "contract with the american voter")

As of this morning, the plan is to vote to repeal it in early 2017, with an effective date 3 years later, at which point a replacement must be in place. This confirms what we all already knew, no viable replacement solution exists and it will take years to make one.

The idea is the same as the fiscal cliff: impose a deadline so a decision must be made. Issue is, like the fiscal cliff, the decision will likely be "move the deadline".

It's likely they'll keep pre-ex prohibition and the age 26 rule, Medicaid expansion is likely staying as well.

We'll see what actually happens in early 2017, but my gut tells me these goalposts will be moved again before then.

Title 1 schools get additional federal funding (taxpayer money) based on the percentage of low income students. The money goes mostly for free lunches, before school and after school meals including meals during the summer.

Yes, we feed our students 3 meals a day in some cases almost year round and charge them nothing.

At first that really bothered me. The more I thought about it, not to do it is to punish the children for the sins of their parents. Meals are cheap, yet another uneducated teen or resident in the juvenile system is not.

Latest posts

Back