Trump Won, Vows Day 1 Full Repeal. Lets Discuss.

So what's your solution?

The complaining part is easy we can all do that and depending on the subject we do.

This thread started out as complaining about Obamacare.

I think both sides (defined for simplicity as left and right) have start by agreeing on objectives.

Re original topic of ACA, some objectives are to provide access to healthcare and find a "better" way to pay for it than the method before ACA. Remember that before, those without coverage (and for the most part money) got health care through the ER, free clinics, buying lower priced services as needed or by doing without. Spillover costs of those who don't/can't/won't pay for service were loaded on insurance premiums in the form of higher procedure costs.

At this point, I don't care who administers the plan. Carriers have infrastructure, Medicare has also and there are problems with both.

We know that adverse selection and the necessarily associated pre-ex excludes people. To do away with pre-ex we need all enrolled. The poor have other priorities for their 1st dollars (my econ prof called the concept marginal utility of money) and won't pay premium unless forced through a flat mandatory payroll tax and they won't buy healthcare under a HDHP unless very sick. Those not receiving a paycheck ie cash or underground would avoid paying altogether.

We could for example have a base HDHP plan with HSAs at a given income level and above with a copay plan for those with less income.

The insurance industry could design supplemental plans to fit around the core plans.

The above says nothing about paying for the plan, defining income, controlling underlying procedure and utilization costs, dealing with effect on those with employer paid plans etc etc etc.

I consider the line regarding "competition and market forces" as it relates to healthcare and especially premiums to be complete crap. Probably most who have worked through an ASO renewal understand how premiums are composed would agree.

Last edited:
So what's your solution?

The complaining part is easy we can all do that and depending on the subject we do.

This thread started out as complaining about Obamacare. Now it's shifted to the value of free school lunch for the poor and now it's about poverty. All complaints very few solutions are being offered though.

Since a corporation is a person now, is carrier one of those expecting the government to provide for their wellbeing? ;)

One man's government welfare cheat is another man's corporate leader and the money they receive shouldn't be questioned.

Just a matter of who has the ball, determines what the game will be. We subsidize people and those we consider to be people (corps). So what's the solution? I can argue the value of both and argue the problem with both. Can I fix them? probably not.

Everyone likes to point out all of the issues but the successes in all of this are rarely discussed.

My high school, in New York City, is ranked at the #3 in the nation by Newsweek and 47% of the students are considered to be living in poverty: America's Top High Schools 2016

#'s 1 & 2 have less than 2% living in poverty.

We have a wealth of talent in this country and I'm guessing much of it is untapped for a variety of reasons, isn't it worth some effort on the part of all of us to try to develop it?

Everyone likes to point out all of the issues but the successes in all of this are rarely discussed.

My high school, in New York City, is ranked at the #3 in the nation by Newsweek and 47% of the students are considered to be living in poverty: America's Top High Schools 2016

#'s 1 & 2 have less than 2% living in poverty.

We have a wealth of talent in this country and I'm guessing much of it is untapped for a variety of reasons, isn't it worth some effort on the part of all of us to try to develop it?

Both my kids were National Merit Scholars (top 1%) who were educated in a similar public school that you mention. Kids can achieve given support, I agree with you.

My son is now a VA doctor enjoying the work. My daughter has taken her masters in public health into the construction industry and is considered the go to person on dealing with safety and dealing with hazardous materials on the worksite. She was writing safety standards at 25. She enjoys the work she does. Never thought she would be doing something like she is because she expected to work in a lab. Her summer jobs in college was gene splicing onion cells for an international company to improve the 'no tears" aspect of onions. She wore a clean suit and worked in a sealed room.

Both kids are exceptional individuals who were as competitive coming out of public schools as any kid attending private. I know first hand what can be with the right support. Cheers.

Interestingly, Trump's appointments are Generals, Wall Street bankers, have worked in opposition to the departments they are heading up or have no experience. I guess Carson isn't such a bad choice for HUD. After all, he owns a house. I wonder how that's all going to work out. I'm reminded that the universe unfolds as it is supposed to and that even catastrophes become blips after a log enough period.

Notice how liberals always respond in exactly the same manner........ "Yeah.....But so-and-so is worse"!!!!

Na-na....na, na, na!!! LMAO!!!!

Do you actually add anything to insurance conversations? Or are you working on getting the rest of this thread moved over?

There is a section you can troll to your hearts content on this forum. You might even find friends there. Give it a shot and give everybody else a rest.

Do you actually add anything to insurance conversations? Or are you working on getting the rest of this thread moved over?

There is a section you can troll to your hearts content on this forum. You might even find friends there. Give it a shot and give everybody else a rest.

Are you referring to the FE Forum?:twitchy:

Do you spend your entire day here critiquing other's posts?

Are you referring to the FE Forum?:twitchy:

;) Nope didn't realize that was another place on the forum.

----------

Do you spend your entire day here critiquing other's posts?

Actually just yours. Have a thing about trolls. There is a reason your posts were moved over, you're just the last to get it.

And no, I didn't complain about you to anybody, so it wasn't me. But you get moved because people tire of your lack of adding anything to a thread that makes it better.

You lack wit and substance, but believe you have both. SMH. :no:

Back