Trumpcare - Making It Great Again

Pop quiz time for Nelson, Axe and others who think selling HEALTH insurance across state lines is a good idea.

Why do HEALTH insurance policies cost more in one state vs. another? In the same vein, why do health insurance policies in one part of a state cost more than in others?

Yagents, thanks for that fluff piece of left wing fiction. It almost made my day.

This proves you did not read my post.

All of you geniuses are missing the point about allowing to sell across state lines. It has less about to do with increasing competition, and more about decreasing regulations (one of the main drivers of increasing cost in the insurance marketd).
For example.
If an insurer could be HQ in a lower regulation state like Florida, and wanted to sell in a higher regulation state like NY, all they would have to do is move to Florida, and sell across state lines to skirt the regulations. This would force NY to become more competitive with regulations, or lose precious tax dollars.
There is nothing in the concept that says insurance companiez cant charge higher premiums for people thats live in other states, thats just made up propaganda by Democrat insurance agents that are afraid of more competition.

I read your post. Doesn't make sense.

Now how about answering my question? I don't think you can.

Why do HEALTH insurance policies cost more in one state vs. another? In the same vein, why do health insurance policies in one part of a state cost more than in others?

I read your post. Doesn't make sense.

Now how about answering my question? I don't think you can.

SCENARIO #1: They have a sharper pencil ;)

SCENARIO #2: They use a Sharpie ;)

You have to realize that the ACA exchanges are based off of the same programs Romney was hailed as a champion for in Massachusetts.

Also, if they are horrible, how are they comparable to employer sponsored plans? Are most employer sponsored plans horrible?

The majority of Employer sponsored private plans have lower deductibles and wider medical networks than Marketplace plans. Government Marketplace plans are horrible by comparison.

That's why I said it's a good thing most Americans don't have ACA Marketplace coverage. Obamacare would have been LONG GONE if employers were forced to buy SHOP.

The majority of Employer sponsored private plans have lower deductibles and wider medical networks than Marketplace plans. Government Marketplace plans are horrible by comparison.

That's why I said it's a good thing most Americans don't have ACA Marketplace coverage. Obamacare would have been LONG GONE if employers were forced to buy SHOP.

So why did the researchers in the article find that the plans were comparable and the goals of affordable coverage for LOW INCOME americans was being achieved?

Do you think that Fortune magazine is filled with democrat shills?

I just received an email from BCBS that RX prices have gone up 10% over last year. Getting ready for their big premium increase announcement has not been announced.
I guess that $12720 a year of premium we are paying as a family for a plan that's closed to new applicants due to ACA is really going to continue to be a financial burden ... no premium relief insight

Public option didn't happen with D prez, D House and H Senate. Why would it happen now even if House is lost to D's?

And why do you say today's D's are more communist than under Pelosi?

Back