Trying to Place a Guy; Guidance

Have an 81 year old gentleman in Missouri who is 6'7 255 (no issue there obviously) and wants/needs life insurance.

He has absolutely no other problems except for blood clots. He takes warfarin and that is the ONLY pill he takes.

He see's he doctor every two weeks for his blood density test to make sure his medication is working properly.

Oxford said to go ahead and bring it but I'm hesitant given my track record with some of my other clients. He's not opposed to a graded policy but I am having trouble finding a company that will issue a graded (hopefully reduced death benefit first two years) at his age of 81.

Aetna doesn't do a script check but I am not sure.

Just needing some input.

Thanks.

You say he has blood clots.

Assuming the last blood clot was discovered in his lung LATER than a year ago, you'd be looking at Transamerica Standard Rates.

Also good news is that you will NOT be taking a haircut on comp; they pay FULL comp for over 80 cases (unlike Oxford and RNA).

But like JD said. Just submit the freekin' app and see what happens. They aren't going to terminate you for cause for trying to HELP your client!

You say he has blood clots.

Assuming the last blood clot was discovered in his lung LATER than a year ago, you'd be looking at Transamerica Standard Rates.

Also good news is that you will NOT be taking a haircut on comp; they pay FULL comp for over 80 cases (unlike Oxford and RNA).

But like JD said. Just submit the freekin' app and see what happens. They aren't going to terminate you for cause for trying to HELP your client!

Yeah, I agree. I'll let let ya'll know what happens.

Thanks for the input guys/gals.

----------

Wrote the guy with Oxford..they took him (no surgeries or hospitalizations because of the clots; one med).

$361 per month..not the 120% commish but 95% is better than a stick in the eye.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Back