Uhc Cutting Commissions?

Quote with HC.Gov or HealthSherpa.

Yeah, I do use HealthSherpa for quoting. Sorry, I guess that isn't really my issue. I just don't understand why they would pull the ability to send the application in from the broker portal. My company seems to be a bit unorganized, at least with new agents who have never been through an OE before and don't exactly understand how it all works.

Is selling through hc.gov difficult to apply through? And does anyone know of a walk-through I could look at beforehand so I'm not telling my client, "Yeah, I've never done this before so give me your information and we'll see what happens".

Sorry a quick edit, as I'm still learning about this situation like everyone else.. I quickly emailed my manager about the news I received and he looked a little bit more into it. The details they found were that UHC has shut down the marketplace plans through their broker portal. However the plans are still available through HC.gov. So basically the only way to do so now is by having the client create an account on hc.gov and assisting their application that way.

Or using a WBE of course

Our office in NC was notified they were cutting commissions to 2%. The good news is that is renewals for LIFE. Woohoohoo.
Isnt ACA great?:nah:
1% or 2%, I will not be involved with ACA anymore. UHC was a nightmare to deal with anyway for both the insured and the agent.

This is exactly what Assurant pulled last year, start the AEP and then send out an email...saying commissions will be cut. In their case most went to 0%.

Talked with several people today...in the know, so to speak.

All states are going to 1% commissions with the exceptions of PA. & CA.

Your source is not correct. You must have assigned your commissions to the agency and they are spliting the diffrence with you. Most states Over Ride is 0% commission is 2%

Back