Uhc Cutting Commissions?

Im thinking UHC will go the way of Assurant. Last year Assurant cut comp to 0%, then cut bait and left.

Im thinking UHC will go the way of Assurant. Last year Assurant cut comp to 0%, then cut bait and left.

UHC is making money. Wasn't assurant not making anything?

I'm thinking UHC just doesn't need agents that much. We're worth about 2% to them

Their networks in Indiana are the best around...along with large rate increases this year, I suspected maybe they were losing money and didn't want more new business.

ok that's even crazier- I know they're redoing their aca plans for 2017 so that it can be profitable for them and agents as well- increasing the rates, but why the eff on earth would these jacka**es do this in the middle of OER?? they had all year to plan this...who's running the company anyway? What really two weeks into OER they couldn't believe the numbers they were seeing?? this makes no sense...something else is up. Dropping the plans though is at least better so consumers are now forced into going to other plans and agents can utilize the other companies someone i know who claims to know people at uhc, is saying that its a move theyre making against obamacare- kind of like doing something to stir up issues and get people even agents to not like obamacare and for it to affect everyone- not sure how true that is but who knows

This makes more sense than anything.

Not paying any commission on exchange now starting January 1st.

----------

Although UnitedHealthcare's individual On-Exchange plans remain available in all 34 states marketed for 2016, it has been determined we need to further adjust commissions paid on these products.
Effective January 1, 2016, no commissions will be paid for any new UnitedHealthcare Individual On-Exchange (and Off-Exchange mirror plans*) enrollments received on or after this date, in most states. Please see state exceptions below.** The new commission schedules will be available on our Broker Portal on January 1, 2016.
Please keep in mind:
• These changes do not affect UnitedHealthcare Medicare agreements or any other lines of UnitedHealthcare business. Only On-Exchange (and Off-Exchange mirror plans) individual health is affected.
• UnitedHealthcare will continue to pay according to the commission schedule in effect at the time a plan was sold for all new 2016 On-Exchange plans (and Off-Exchange mirror plans) received December 31, 2015 and prior.
• This change does not affect 2015 renewal commission rates which are unchanged from the 2015 schedules.
• These changes do not affect our members, their networks, plan benefits or the servicing of their plans.

Back