Underground Leads

bdub

I've been looking at trying a new insurance lead company for P&C, auto and home insurance. I've been doing some research on Underground Leads. I like what they offer, they say they do not use affiliates and only share their leads with 2 agents. They seem to be new and this makes me a little nervous. Has anyone out there used underground leads? If so, how was you experience? Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

14 a piece isnt bad if you're getting filtered leads. there are a handful of threads on this forum about this company

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is the same as underground elephant. Their auto leads are $12, you can add filters for $.50 each. The big difference is they say they generate all the leads internally, without using affiliates, and they only sell them to only two agents. If this is the case I would pay a few bucks more for a good lead that isn't sold by an affiliate to every lead company out there. Was just trying to get any info from someone who has actually used them to see if they are true to their word. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is the same as underground elephant. Their auto leads are $12, you can add filters for $.50 each. The big difference is they say they generate all the leads internally, without using affiliates, and they only sell them to only two agents. If this is the case I would pay a few bucks more for a good lead that isn't sold by an affiliate to every lead company out there. Was just trying to get any info from someone who has actually used them to see if they are true to their word. Thanks

If they are only selling them to a couple agents, that isn't too bad of a price...make sure you try them out, by buying a small sample, and seeing how the work out for you...Please post your results, as other agents are usually looking for the feedback on these new companies.

yeah $14 really isn't bad, find me a place that i can get multi-car homeowners for 6 bucks. please.

Ask for a contract and read their return policy. If you can't get any unused monies back F em and move on.

Spend your time learning how they deal with leads when they don't work. When they work, everything's fine. When they don't, how hard are they to deal with? Ask for a contract, can't tell you how many times over the years I've had sales guys say something completely opposite of what's in writing.

If you check most of the complaints about lead companies they involve credits. Be ahead of the curve, find out about that aspect first before you commit to anything and only go by what's in writing. Verify verify verify. No big chunks of money on deposit, no cash only, no leads only refunds for cash.

I have actually been using them for auto leads for about a month and a half, and I must say I'm severely disappointed. I also loved the sound of them generating all their leads internally and only selling them to a max of two other agents as it would eliminate two of my biggest complaints about all the lead vendors out there. However, after using their service, I don't believe that anything they sold me on was true. The prospects are almost always real people, and their phone numbers are typically good, but the people rarely said that they were actually looking for a quote. One guy that I contacted said that he'd been contacted by eight other agents already. As for them not using any lead aggregators -- personally I don't believe that is true. On multiple occassions I would get a lead from both Underground Elephant and Netquote within seconds of each other. I can't see how that isn't a situation where an aggregator is shot gunning those out to multiple vendors. But the true bottom line is this: I've received 44 leads from them thus far, and I have sold ZERO. I've already notified them that I won't be renewing my order with them. Hopefully you will have a different experience than I did, but I would simply advise that you take the claims of "all leads generated internally" and "only sold to a max of two agents" with an extreme bit of scepticism.

Back