Underwriting Slower Than Usual

Is it my imagination or is uw slower than usual on virtually all health and life cases?

I've got cases pending at all of the major carriers, and the approvals come in limping along. What's really funny is the life cases that come in preferred plus, 60 days after the sign date. Those used to be practically jet issue, after the paramed.

If it's that bad now, what's it going to be like in the fall when the renewal season hits.

Are they just short staffed?

Hopefully it is just the underwriters all getting their vacations in to get ready for renewal season.

Underwriters must all be on vacation I've noticed this also, but then if they all take vacations in the summer months what's their excuse in November and December.

Underwriters must all be on vacation I've noticed this also, but then if they all take vacations in the summer months what's their excuse in November and December.

Must be the company. I've seen some approve stuff at ratings that they never should have gotten in December. It is amazing what you can get approved in December sometimes.

Figure out which companies have a strong push to finish out the year strong and send your business to the in December. Particularly if it is questionable, odds are you will get a better rating than the case deserves.

Back