United of Omaha Now in GA & IN

Frank, United of Omaha came into Georgia on 12/09/2009. I've already written 15 cases with them. You're starting to slip.

I didn't mean to imply that it just happened today. I discovered that there were agents out there who weren't aware of it so I thought I post it so all would know.

Next time I will try to put down the day, hour and second it is available. :laugh:

I didn't mean to imply that it just happened today. I discovered that there were agents out there who weren't aware of it so I thought I post it so all would know.

Next time I will try to put down the day, hour and second it is available. :laugh:

If you would be so kind as to specify the time zone; it would be appreciated. Thank you, Sir.

I'm not trying to start anything Paul. Just stating the facts and my feelings about those facts. If the end result is that the client has gotten the lowest cost Med Supp I don't guess it really matters. I just can't do it that way.

What are you talking about? What part of the conversation do you feel is untruthful?

Have you talked to Frank? Has he discussed his "script" with you? If so, then it should be obvious which part of the "conversation" is untruthful or maybe I should use the term misleading. It's the same to me.

The opening line is misleading at best. If it works for you, great. I can't do it. I won't do it. If I can't be completely honest with a client, then I have no business being their agent. Just my personal feelings.

No, I haven't talked to Frank. I guess that's why I didn't know what you were talking about.

Scott, (AKA Sman)

You called me early in the afternoon on 9/14/09 to "pick my brain" about what I do and how I do it. The call ended at 2:22:59 PM. We were just talking or so I thought. We even talked about MOO and Gerber. You said you didn't want any "training", you just wanted to know everything I do. We talked for well over an hour.

I do not lie to prospects. You wanted an example of what an agent can say when they make the initial phone call. I gave you an example of one of the options an agent can use. I didn't realize that I was obligated to explain in detail all of the information I use to train an agent. I have a lot of agents who have been buying direct mail leads for quite a while and they want to use those to start. So the opening statement I gave you is perfectly justified.

If an agent is cold calling from a list then I have an example of what they can say. Wanna read it? Here it is, word for word. [FONT=&quot]“Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. The reason I’m calling is to bring you up to date on all the changes Medicare is going to make in the next several months...” [/FONT]

Had you been paying attention to, and since you are so concerned about everything I say, write and do you would have seen that Scott posted my entire five page document titled "The Initial Phone Call" on the board a while back. It contains all of the options an agent can use for an opening statement.

I might suggest that you have all the facts before you start pointing fingers. If you had wanted every single piece of information that is contained in the 40+ page document then you should have said so.

I willing gave you well over an hour of my time, answered every question you asked, told you all of the information I ask for during the call and didn't ask anything in return. Maybe an hour + of your time isn't all that valuable. Is this your way of saying "thanks"? If so, you are welcome.

Regarding the "announcement" about United of Omaha.

My agents have known about it since it first was available. If you were one of "my" agents you would have known also. You aren't, so I why do you feel it is your obligation to criticize me for not informing you?

Once again, I did not say that United of Omaha just became available in GA nor was that new news to me or the agents who have contracts with me in GA. That is something that you read into it.

The main reason I started the thread is that United of Omaha did JUST become available for agents to begin writing apps in IN on Wednesday. I didn't think it was necessary to post the day, hour and second it became available in GA since it has been there for quite a while. I included GA because I have talked to agents who are not writing in GA, not contracted with me, that were not aware of it so I simply included it because it recently became available. Shame on me, my bad.

Since I was going to put that up for IN I also included MS. I suppose I'm going to get criticized now because I mentioned MS and agents can't begin writing there yet. The old adage really is true isn't it: "No good deed ever goes unpunished".

I have no desire to get into a pissing match with you. I have always considered you one of the better agents on the board.

Frank,

You can make jokes all you want, but if you are going to turn into an FMO and recruit agents, it's important to be on top of this stuff. I knew UOO was coming to Georgia back in September. I didn't have the date yet, but I knew they were on their way. I received the official Outline of Coverage and application on 12/07/2009 and was told I could start writing on 12/09/2009.

My point being, if you were my FMO, upline or whatever label you want to use, I would have missed out on a month and a half of selling this product while my competition was out there offering it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I realize you've helped many agents on this forum. I even called you to get an idea of what you were saying to people when you cold call them. I've got a decent size book of Med Supp business and have never cold called for that business, so I was a little curious to see how you were doing it. Several years ago I purchased internet leads, but now it's mostly referral business. Personally, I didn't like how you started the cold call conversation with information that wasn't truthful. I figure if I start the relationship with a lie, it's probably not worth starting. It may work for you and others on this forum, but it doesn't work for me.

As I said, I just think it's important for my upline to be on top of carriers that are coming to the states I do business in. You can now return to your comedy act.

Last edited:
Frank is the man! Sman is a douche bag! WTF are you thinking? Trying to discredit the most honest and helpful man on the boards. You must have some kind of brain damage. Fell and hit your head. Must have.:goofy:

Back