United of Omaha Now in GA & IN

Yes Frank, the phone conversation was over an hour. And as I recall, I asked only a couple of questions. You did the rest of the talking. I learned all about your career and your land in southern Missouri. Those weren't relevant to "training", but good conversation nonetheless.

I didn't want to know "everything you do". I NEVER said that. Nor did I ask for "an example". I specifically asked you how YOU start the conversation on a cold call. When I questioned you about not being truthful you stated that they likely have received some information in the mail so you weren't being dishonest. You never mentioned ANYTHING about agents working direct mail leads. I pointed out that I wasn't comfortable with that and then you stated it could be changed a little so as to not insinuate that you mailed them something.

I recall Rick stating something along these lines as well a month or so ago in one of Dwayne's threads. I think I recall Dwayne agreeing with that assessment. So there are 3 of us that have issues with your opening statement. I realize that's only 3 out of hundreds, so no big deal, right? Like I said, it works for you and others, that's great. It won't work for me because of the way I view that statement. I'm sure I just opened myself up to the whole, "he can't make it, so he's bashing it" crowd. I venture to guess I'm in the top 5% of income earners on this forum. So the "he can't make it" crowd can keep it to themselves because I CAN and HAVE made it. Med Supps are a PART of my income. I am making them a larger part. I have right at 400 cases on the books right now and growing every week. I've done that in a couple of ways. In the beginning, it was from my current book of business and internet leads. I tried the whole direct mail lead thing, but quickly realized it was a waste of money due to the fact that most of the people who mailed the reply cards back had forgotten about it by the time the card got back to me. Nowadays, it's mostly referrals. I've gotten 6 this month and they have all been sold. I haven't purchased a lead in nearly 3 years.

After seeing you post over and over about calling from a list, I thought I wanted to know more about it to apply during the slow times. One can only play so much golf.

I too am not wanting to get into a pissing contest. I stated I was not trying to start anything or dis you. One thing the written word doesn't do well is express intent or emotion. The first statement I made in the thread was a little tongue in cheek with me stating you are slipping. You then started making the sarcastic jokes and it went down hill from there. I apologize for that. Maybe had I put a smiley face or wink after the initial comment, we wouldn't be where we are at this point.

I stated FACTUAL information about OUR conversation. I agree, you help many folks on this forum. And no, I have not seen your "40 page" manual. I got all the information I needed in our phone conversation. As far as the "thank you" goes, I believe I expressed that at the end of our phone conversation. And yes, an hour is valuable to me. What's your hour worth Frank and I'll send you a check? I guess I can write it off as a "training" expense.

You said you didn't ask for anything in return, that isn't completely true. You did ask me about contracting with Gerber and I constantly get phone calls from a girl at Standard stating that you asked her to contact me about getting contracted. I'm sure I don't make the income you make, but I do pretty well. I think you're a good guy Frank. And I realize that you are a mini god on this forum so I will have people coming after me for making the comments I have made. That's fine with me. I guess it will give Dwayne a break.

I'm done with the issue. Feel free to argue, dispute or whatever else you'd like. To make it easy on both of us, I will refrain from responding to you or about you any further on this forum. I wish you well Frank.

Scott, (AKA Sman)

You called me early in the afternoon on 9/14/09 to "pick my brain" about what I do and how I do it. The call ended at 2:22:59 PM. We were just talking or so I thought. We even talked about MOO and Gerber. You said you didn't want any "training", you just wanted to know everything I do. We talked for well over an hour.

I do not lie to prospects. You wanted an example of what an agent can say when they make the initial phone call. I gave you an example of one of the options an agent can use. I didn't realize that I was obligated to explain in detail all of the information I use to train an agent. I have a lot of agents who have been buying direct mail leads for quite a while and they want to use those to start. So the opening statement I gave you is perfectly justified.

If an agent is cold calling from a list then I have an example of what they can say. Wanna read it? Here it is, word for word. [FONT=&quot]“Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. The reason I’m calling is to bring you up to date on all the changes Medicare is going to make in the next several months...” [/FONT]

Had you been paying attention to, and since you are so concerned about everything I say, write and do you would have seen that Scott posted my entire five page document titled "The Initial Phone Call" on the board a while back. It contains all of the options an agent can use for an opening statement.

I might suggest that you have all the facts before you start pointing fingers. If you had wanted every single piece of information that is contained in the 40+ page document then you should have said so.

I willing gave you well over an hour of my time, answered every question you asked, told you all of the information I ask for during the call and didn't ask anything in return. Maybe an hour + of your time isn't all that valuable. Is this your way of saying "thanks"? If so, you are welcome.

Regarding the "announcement" about United of Omaha.

My agents have known about it since it first was available. If you were one of "my" agents you would have known also. You aren't, so I why do you feel it is your obligation to criticize me for not informing you?

Once again, I did not say that United of Omaha just became available in GA nor was that new news to me or the agents who have contracts with me in GA. That is something that you read into it.

The main reason I started the thread is that United of Omaha did JUST become available for agents to begin writing apps in IN on Wednesday. I didn't think it was necessary to post the day, hour and second it became available in GA since it has been there for quite a while. I included GA because I have talked to agents who are not writing in GA, not contracted with me, that were not aware of it so I simply included it because it recently became available. Shame on me, my bad.

Since I was going to put that up for IN I also included MS. I suppose I'm going to get criticized now because I mentioned MS and agents can't begin writing there yet. The old adage really is true isn't it: "No good deed ever goes unpunished".

I have no desire to get into a pissing match with you. I have always considered you one of the better agents on the board.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yes redrocker, I am a bag that holds vinegar and water. However, if that's what I am, then I can't possibly have a head. So there is no way for me to have brain damage from falling and hitting my head.

As soon as I can get a better grasp on a way to describe you after reading some of your remarkable posts, I will. For now, we'll just go with Richard Cranium.

Frank is the man! Sman is a douche bag! WTF are you thinking? Trying to discredit the most honest and helpful man on the boards. You must have some kind of brain damage. Fell and hit your head. Must have.:goofy:

Last edited:
Agents selling in those states can now write United of Omaha with effective dates through May 31, 2010. MS should follow shortly. It has been delayed in MS, something about a broken water line or something. Don’t ask, I don’t know either.

In GA it appears that the rates are going to be around $10 per month on average less than Gerber. In IN there isn’t as large a gap but still a few dollars less per month. At least that is what I saw at a quick glance.

In GA rates for a female, age 65, non tobacco start at $110.84 for a Plan F and $94.22 for a Plan G. They are issue age in GA.

In IN rates for a female, age 65, non tobacco start at $96.58 for a Plan F and $82.09 for a Plan G. They are Attained Age in IN.

Other than the better rates, United of Omaha moving into those states is significant because there is a discount available that wasn't offered by United World. The rates shown above are before the 7% discount that they may qualify for.

Agents already contracted with MOO should have received their new packets for GA and IN.

If you are not contracted with MOO and would like help signing up give me a call.
Low-ball plans come and go. In Wisconsin, United of Omaha has only been around since 2008. They are going up 28% in April..they went up 9.2% last September. Independent agents in WI are now moving to Secure Horizons and Gerber. Who will they sell in 2012?

Back