Usa, usa, usa

Guys, the first half of the world cup is pool play, just like any other tournament played. You're playing for as many points as possible. The USA finished with 4 points and Portugal finished with 4 points. The USA had a better goals difference (goals scored - goals allowed) thus they move on the tie breaker system.

From this point on, it is knockout play. No more ties, no more worry about points or goal scored or allowed. Now it is win or go home.

Yeppers...I know Brian just mentioned he likes our chances, Belgium has been red hot. Yeah it was a weak group, but Vertoghen has looked unstoppable and any time your playing Eden Hazard, well thats scary too

The thing is the USA is not a predictable team. Gonzales played the best he ever has for the national team today. I wish we could clone Beisler as he is so solid back there.

We could have very easily tied up Germany today. Just about did on the last play with Dempsey's header. Dempsey is a wild card for us too, he plays with the flair of a South American forward.

Definitely plan to watch next week. The USA is not going to be a pushover. I like our chances. Getting through is great, getting farther in would be historic.

Yea, I'll let you idiots pick USA, I'll keep doubling down on Schweinsteiger & the boys.

The thing is the USA is not a predictable team. Gonzales played the best he ever has for the national team today. I wish we could clone Beisler as he is so solid back there.

We could have very easily tied up Germany today. Just about did on the last play with Dempsey's header. Dempsey is a wild card for us too, he plays with the flair of a South American forward.

Definitely plan to watch next week. The USA is not going to be a pushover. I like our chances. Getting through is great, getting farther in would be historic.

Agreed. I haven't seen anything, but have you heard anything abiut Altidore?

The USA lost by 1 to the #2 team in the world and tied(should've beat)the #4 team in the world. Not a bad showing in the toughest Group.

Yup. Proud of them!!

There are some great matches coming up this weekend. Too bad I won't get to watch them :(

The USA lost by 1 to the #2 team in the world and tied(should've beat)the #4 team in the world. Not a bad showing in the toughest Group.

:nah:

1 pt in soccer is like 10pts in real football, so losing by 1 means nothing, cause lots of teams only lose by 1. I hate our attitude towards soccer, (hey at least we were close) thats why its hard to respect!

Close only counts in horse shoes & hand grenades!!

I think Altidore is done for the tourney unfortunately. I thought he brought a lot of force up top. That said, I am loving Dempsey up top and I love Bradley, Beckerman and Jones as a triangle out there. All three are defensive mids and they always seem to have two back and are making a huge difference out there.

I mean I am Sounders till I die, but Beckerman is gaining a warm spot in my heart and Wando too. I will applaud them every Sounders match and then hope they get their a ss kicked when they play my Sounders.

Latest posts

Back