WalMart Medicare Advantage Marketing Coming Very Soon

This sure sounds like an offer to me. Just how much is the agent going to make and how much is the "small override" that you are keeping?

Even though I do not sell any of the MA plans I have certified each year and am able to offer contracts. Just as an example, my contract with Pyramid is $500 on new business and $250 on replacement and renewals.

I give agents $475 on new business and around $237 on replacement and renewals. Please tell us what you are offering to an agent. Why are you keeping it a secret?

Frank,
No secret. This is paying $400 New Business, $200 Renewals. (Street Level).
We have Pyramid also, but the other plans outsold them 15-1 (even at lower commissions).

Equal access laws say that if Walmart makes space available for one plan to do this (Humana or UHC), they have to offer that to others. What then, would stop me from just getting that space on my own? I've seen agents (and company executives) cause a BIG stink when places like Walmart did things like this and did not offer access to other plans.

I am willing to strap on a front/back sign and walk in the Wal Mart parking lot and rent my sign for the highest bidder. If no takers, then I'd mark it-- "Will work for MA's"

Let's see what this thread is about.

Joe: We have an opportunity that some people might like

Everyone: This is terrible and even though I might make a bunch of money, I'm going to give all the reasons I don't like it.

A few years ago I sat in a Wal-Mart and probably made an extra $15,000 in just a couple of months. The opportunity in CA isn't anywhere near as great as it was in the past. But if I was struggling or had 3 days a week to give something a shot, I might.

There is nothing dishonest or bad about Joe's offer. It's not like he's asking you to join NAA or sell Mega.

Rick

Everyone: This is terrible and even though I might make a bunch of money, I'm going to give all the reasons I don't like it.

A few years ago I sat in a Wal-Mart and probably made an extra $15,000 in just a couple of months. The opportunity in CA isn't anywhere near as great as it was in the past. But if I was struggling or had 3 days a week to give something a shot, I might.

There is nothing dishonest or bad about Joe's offer. It's not like he's asking you to join NAA or sell Mega.

Rick

Rick,
Agents wonder why they make little or no money. As skeptical as this thread is turning, I understand why.

When you see a few agents making high 5 figures in 5 months and a couple making low 6 figures in the same 5 months, it makes a believer out of you.

If I actually listed what our top agent made last year, I would be called a very large liar.

Maybe we ought to promote something more believable; let's see---how about a ZERO PREMIUM LIFE POLICY. Bet that should light some fires.

Just send me your $10 registration fee, so you will be one of the first to be allowed to sell it, if we ever develop it.

I'm not doubting that this is a valid and very good way to get lots of prospects. On the contrary, I think this is a very strong way to get in front of a lot of people.

My question is, though, why could I not just set up a way to have a booth with the local Walmart District Manager, on my own?

Last edited:
I'm not doubting that this is a valid and very good way to get lots of prospects. On the contrary, I think this is a very strong way to get in front of a lot of people.

My question is, though, why could I not just set up a way to have a booth with the local Walmart District Manager, on my own?

Tom,
Just guessing here, but I would think the Regional Manager or someone above him would have already signed contracts to make one exclusive company have the rights to offer only their products.

This would seem to me like Ford trying to take over a Chevy dealership sales lot, even though Chevy owned the lot.

Maybe you see something I don't, but exclusive agreements can be negotiated.

Frank,
No secret. This is paying $400 New Business, $200 Renewals. (Street Level).
We have Pyramid also, but the other plans outsold them 15-1 (even at lower commissions).

Thanks. I wasn't "pushing" Pyramid, just using it as an example. I nether like or sell any of the PFFS plans.

The reason I posted that was because I was once approached by and agency trying to get me to sit in a Wal-mart. They were offering $125 per app. I think I made some kind of disparaging remark about his heritage. :D

Back