Washington may become first state to legalize human composting

DayTimer said:

People researching cannibalism set out to determine what human flesh really tastes like. After a lab based breakdown and scientific analysis, they determined it would taste like prosciutto. Ha! I bet you thought I'd say chicken!

This comment is not going to sit well with the Greek salad, roasted tomato & parmesan focaccia bread I'm preparing for dinner.

So a second glass of white wine is now required to wash down the "human flesh" visual.
Mangia, mangia!:jiggy:

PA Bill said:

Mangia, mangia!

I do have to say, I make good Greek salad (minus anchovies). Except I cut up enough vegetables for three, since I'm terrible at measuring but now there's lunch for a couple of days, minus the wine.

Alternative to burial or cremation may be in Kansas' future

Alternative to burial or cremation may be in Kansas' future

In promession, the body is frozen using liquid nitrogen, then vibrated into small particles. Water is removed from the particles, which are then freeze-dried. Remains are buried in a degradable coffin.

Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt found that promession doesn't meet the definition of cremation under Kansas law and regulation in a recent legal opinion.

That decision surprised Promessa representative Rachel Caldwell.

"We thought this would be no hang-ups whatsoever," Caldwell said.

somarco said:

Leftover wine is foul. Go to the cellar for more.

Cut up the anchovies. You will never know they are in there.

There's no cellar, I live in a condo. In the woods. On a poured concrete slab.

Trust me, I would know if there were anchovies. There also were also no kalamata olives, as I hate them, too. I was out of black olives and it's sleeting out so I didn't go to the store. Did I mention I like to cook as I'm a picky eater?

Day Timer said:

@Northeast Agent leaves no wine behind. If you re-read her post, she says "now there's lunch for a couple of days, minus the wine."

Knowing her, that bottle was gone before she finished cutting all those vegetables.

Not true! I only had one large glass of wine, although I started drinking it while chopping. If I had a few I'd be on here berating the three of you for having too much free time over the long holiday weekend. I certainly didn't get everything done I'd hoped to.

Day Timer said:

And when you're drinking straight from the bottle it's not really fair to say that it was "just one large glass."

I can hardly lift this huge bottle, let alone try drinking from it. It was a birthday gift I was planning to save for next summer when I drink outside on the lawn at night with the neighbors. But it was all I had in stock, except for some really sweet wine, which doesn't pair well with salad.

Last edited:
If I had a few I'd be on here berating the three of you for having too much free time over the long holiday weekend.

There are only two of us.

You must have had too much wine.

Day Timer said:

And when you're drinking straight from the bottle it's not really fair to say that it was "just one large glass."

I can hardly lift huge this bottle, let alone try drinking from it. It was a birthday gift I was planning to save for next summer when I drink outside on the lawn at night with the neighbors. But it was all I had in stock, except for some really sweet wine, which doesn't pair well with salad.

At least it's a bottle, not a box.

That shows you have class.

Back