Web Design, Why Does It Matter ?

If you get a web designer who knows web design and web marketing, you're going to end up with a jack of two trades, master of neither. Just because web designers and web marketers both use computers and the Internet does not mean that one automatically begets the other. Web designers often know just enough about web marketing to hurt themselves and, of course, clients.

Website conversion analytics is a whole separate area of expertise that involves, amongst other things, split testing and multivariate testing.

That post was more an attempt to illustrate the point that a web designer is not responsible for doi compliance, and it would be impossible for anyone to know every states doi regs, especially a web designer.

But I do understand your point, there is a difference between web design and web marketing. Not the point of that post though.

However, it does bring up the subject that many "web guys" market themselves as being able to do it all for you.
Your "jack of all trades" comment resonates, because the insurance world is full of that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry, I've been a bit busy yesterday.

I really can't tell you anything exact about the conversion rates if I make your insurance website.

That was more of a general comment rather than directed at anyone in particular.

But if you have made insurance websites before, then you should be able to give someone general statistics of the success you have had with previous projects.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I can guarantee you though that the conversion rates will be higher than with your current design.

It is impossible for you to know that because you have no clue what my conversion rates are now.

Your comment is basically an underhanded way to once again condescend what you feel is a poor site.
And you did so in response to my post that was defending you!
I guess thats what I get for involving myself in this mess of a thread again.

If your that great, post the visitor/client ratio for your own site...
Give some factual data that is not purely personal opinion and conjecture.

Or you could take the many suggestions you have received on this forum and worry about your own site before trolling this one for business.

Last edited:
It is impossible for you to know that because you have no clue what my conversion rates are now.

Your comment is basically an underhanded way to once again condescend what you feel is a poor site.
And you did so in response to my post that was defending you!
I guess thats what I get for involving myself in this mess of a thread again.

I really had no intention at condescending your site. And you really don't need to be so sensitive about it.

Now, no offense but I don't think your conversions are very good. 0.5-1% ? How far am I shooting from the real ones ? I know with a better look and feel to the site your site can get more conversions. Again, it would make me happy if the number is higher, and I think with a better site you can do better.

Okay? So my point is not to offend, but HELP. And no, I don't expect you to hire me. Go with someone u trust or get a decent template. It will help your business.

Okay? So my point is not to offend, but HELP. And no, I don't expect you to hire me. Go with someone u trust or get a decent template. It will help your business.

If you dont expect me to hire you and your not TROLLING for business; then why would you respond with:

I really can't tell you anything exact about the conversion rates if I make your insurance website.

I can guarantee you though that the conversion rates will be higher than with your current design.

If your here to "help" but dont expect me to hire you, then how exactly does your post help me?

And do you not realize that conversion rates were not even the point of the post you responded to? ... I was simply trying to emphasize a different point... a point that was defending YOU! (about a subject that is totally separate than conversion rates)

And for sticking up for you, in a post that I had thought might actually cool things off between us; you respond with a pretentious, assumptious, and condescending comment. And you continue to make condescending assumptions about a subject that wasnt even the freaking point of my post!

If you dont expect me to hire you and your not TROLLING for business; then why would you respond with:

If your here to "help" but dont expect me to hire you, then how exactly does your post help me?

And do you not realize that conversion rates were not even the point of the post you responded to? ... I was simply trying to emphasize a different point... a point that was defending YOU! (about a subject that is totally separate than conversion rates)

And for sticking up for you, in a post that I had thought might actually cool things off between us; you respond with a pretentious, assumptious, and condescending comment. And you continue to make condescending assumptions about a subject that wasnt even the freaking point of my post!

What can I else say. At no point I was trying to offend you. The only reason why I don't expect you to hire me is because you overreact to everything I say. So I get the feeling the last thing you want to do is work with me.

Back