Website, Facebook, LinkedIn, Etc..

I have found that social media marketing can be extremely overwhelming...and then discouraging...if you try to do too much at one time. Start with Linked In and maybe Facebook at first. Watch what other agents are posting and pick up some ideas that you think might work for you. Then develop your variations, to fit your needs. Be patient and ask other agents what is working for them. Almost always they are glad to share their successful strategies. You will get a lot of different responses. Assess all of it and chip away at it. You will soon develop your own style and comfort level. I am learning forever...

An update to my earlier post. I've found that paid for adverts on LinkedIn are very expensive and don't yield useful results. It would be interesting to hear if anybody has had a different experience with paid for linked in add. I still think LinkedIn can be useful for targetting professionals.

80% of my business is generated from Linkedin. The other 20% from referrals. The only issue with social media is you gotta do good work for people. It only takes one person's bad comments for everyone to see it.

80% of my business is generated from Linkedin. The other 20% from referrals. The only issue with social media is you gotta do good work for people. It only takes one person's bad comments for everyone to see it.

When you say 80% is that from paid for adverts or organically in the sense that people are contacting you after finding your profile and/or from you talking in discussion groups? Or are you pro-actively using LinkedIn to target people? Hope you don't mind me asking for a bit more information but I'm interested in finding out a bit more about how Linkedin is working for you?

Pro actively reaching out to my target market using Groups. I do business with Aflac and niche P&C agents. So I join aflac and P&C groups etc... Do group posts and get inquiries that way. 0% adds 0% cold calling for clients. The other 20% is referrals... only 20 because we are relatively new.

EugeneM. Thanks for your posts. You are correct, of course. Group posts on LinkedIn do work.
Too many agents try it once or twice with no results and abandon efforts. Just a little more attention to it and things can start to happen...

Pro actively reaching out to my target market using Groups. I do business with Aflac and niche P&C agents. So I join aflac and P&C groups etc... Do group posts and get inquiries that way. 0% adds 0% cold calling for clients. The other 20% is referrals... only 20 because we are relatively new.

This is very useful information and makes sense that Linkedin is an effective means of accessing niche groups. Sounds like this is better than paid for adverts which hit broad groups across insurance sectors rather than targetted people.

Social media and websites is just a great way to become more relate-able. So it probably wont directly lead to sales, but definitely worth it because it can indirectly help you in the long run.

Actually, they will directly lead to sales. Not every lead but if your content is fresh, you know what you're talking about and you give the consumer the information they were searching for at that moment, the path from lead to sale will be direct.

Back