Website Hosting - Recommendations Needed

That's what I don't get when people say they are pretty limited. I'm alotted good about of databasing plus tools for them on godaddy. The only problem I've encountered, was if I wanted to put magento on a database with them. But how many here actually run an ecommerce site. As for a CRM/CMS...I've built my own, and used them. No complications.

To be honest, most of the web work I do - when using godaddy - is via a FTP and through my design programs. I never actually log into my godaddy account, it just exists.

They have their wordpress platform (in which many here seem to enjoy), plus drupal, zencart (which I really don't care for), but I've even installed prestashop with no headaches.

Again, most of the work for a website is basically on the HTML pages, the langauage of it, the css of it, etc. It actually has nothing to do with the hosting.

I've tried hostgator, and nothing I have to complain about them. They seem good.

But others, as 1 & 1, they drive me nuts, or closed business hours, or transfered to someone who seems to be reading a manual - making me go through steps so unessary.

I'm not trying to start a war of words here, and like I've said - no complaints on company like hostgator. But, when people talk about godaddy, they never seem to say what their limitations or other problems are. I'm just curious to see what they are.

Fill me in. ;)

They supported SOPA and ACTA and donate lobbying money directly to causes which will disrupt the usability of the internet if implemented.

I wouldn't give them a dollar because ethically their company is a horrible actor on the national stage.

They also overcharge for anything they can get away with.

You can get domains cheaper with expertsrs or namecheap, you can get hosting cheaper nearly everywhere, and if you shop right the server is likely to be faster.

I'm not sure why anyone would be in favor of godaddy other than their commercials.

They supported SOPA and ACTA and donate lobbying money directly to causes which will disrupt the usability of the internet if implemented.

I wouldn't give them a dollar because ethically their company is a horrible actor on the national stage.

They also overcharge for anything they can get away with.

You can get domains cheaper with expertsrs or namecheap, you can get hosting cheaper nearly everywhere, and if you shop right the server is likely to be faster.

I'm not sure why anyone would be in favor of godaddy other than their commercials.

Don't they all, when they hit the 'big' money? Come on. I'm a huge dLer, but when company's hit a certain point, they become interested in their own good.

I was asking, what is 'wrong' with their service? I have no problems on uploading, or anything else - except what was mentioned. Hostgator seems to provide the same stuff.

So far, NO one has answered. I get SOFA? If Hostgator was top, they would be the same, in the interest of their company.

That is my 'debateable argument.' ;)

Post Number 1 From BusinessETouch1 Rating:

Your rating is 2.7. This was based on comments and reviews from 28 Forum members.
Because your first post was a "sales pitch," your score was penalized by 60%.

If the average of your next 10 posts does not average at least 5.0, you will be asked to complete a 12-hour online training course.

WebNanny was used in this post
WebSpamControl was used in this post

Back