What 2012 Challenges Are We Facing and Strategies We Can Change to Over Come Them?!?

In general detail discussion

To be less of a grammar nazi. (Oh well.)

I think many agents may do well to remember the Serenity Prayer for our industry:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

For me personally, my 2012 challenges are in reducing the amount of 'diffusion' in my mind towards how to approach working in this industry. This is currently my greatest weakness. I've been exposed to way too many 'systems' and methodologies. I just need to focus on what my mentor has taught me and eliminate all the other 'junk' from my mind as being an option.

I have been giving this thread some thought and after my experiences over the past few years I have come to the conclusion that the biggest challenge in 2012 is simply staying alive. My strategy to accomplish that is to keep breathing.

To Frank and others of our number who have not been able to accomplish that goal for this year, RIP on this Memorial Day.

Try and remember what an old sales manager I had a while back would say about prospecting:
"everything works, but nothing works great"
so prospect, prospect, prospect.

yourre-fat-dr-phil-demotivational-poster.jpg

Strategy:
Omega8006.jpg

I have always just gone along trying to get past the potholes with the least amount of damage. We may as well accept that we are just small potatoes in this life regardless of how big one's ego is. There's a solution to everything. I reached my big goal, a little late, because I just kept going like the Energizer bunny.

What new challenges are there for 2012? Well, aren't they the same as for all prior years:
    • Fear of rejection
    • Getting lazy after closing a big sale
    • Not enough initial client meetings
    • Not enough prospecting

Add to the list the usual tax and estate law changes, unreliable support from carriers, wholesalers, in-office staff, etc.

And aren't the strategies for solving these always the same:
    • Work hard
    • Focus
    • Love what we do
    • Face the fear
    • Work to a plan

• That pretty much nails it right there.

Sales cures all. If you are having a bad day, go sell something. Can't make a sale? Set an appointment. Can't set an appointment? Work harder. Can't work harder? Get out of sales.

Back