What About Gated Communities?????

mudhound

Guru
100+ Post Club
What about gated communities????????

I work DM leads going house to house mostly. I have tried calling and my own experience tells me they screen calls. Thankfully I live and mostly work a rual area. However, I do seem to get a lead in a gated community from time to time.
Any time honored tricks or advice for an old door knocker like me.
I have tried to call most of these but my calls seem to go unanswered. I have tried the following.
1. I have called at different times.
2. I have used a different number.
3. I have blocked the number I was using. I had a LITTLE success with this one. But, it just seems to not work anymore. This caller ID has 95% of folks KNOWING who is calling before they pick up the phone.
4. I did get a Google number for a while. Me being tech non savvy, I never could catch onto how to work it.
Your thoughts?

I work DM leads going house to house mostly. I have tried calling and my own experience tells me they screen calls. Thankfully I live and mostly work a rual area. However, I do seem to get a lead in a gated community from time to time.
I have tried to call most of these but my calls seem to go unanswered. I have tried the following.
3. I have blocked the number I was using. I had a LITTLE success with this one. But, it just seems to not work anymore. This caller ID has 95% of folks KNOWING who is calling before they pick up the phone.
4. I did get a Google number for a while. Me being tech non savvy, I never could catch onto how to work it.
Your thoughts?

My wife parked her car and walked in 2 different places last month, came out with a $42 and $60 premium!

Keep a contact sheet, in your car for your existing clients in each community. Also, when a prospect gives you a code, put that on your sheet too. The next time you go to that gate, you can either call your existing client or punch in the code.

I tell my client, hey Miss Jones, it's me your insurance agent. I have a prospect in your community, can you open the gate for me since I can't get him on the phone?

Very good ideas!
Again, I am thankful we do not have many of these.
I work some in Memphis TN. Yes, they have a lot of them.

Your thoughts?

There are hundreds of these gated communities, and I'm in at least 2 every day. When I first started...tried calling, tried parking and walking inside...very frustrating and time consuming. Finally I just got fed up, and now I simply drive right up to the gate and wait until someone comes in. They can't get in without buzzing me in first. LOL...it works great. I've never waited more than about 10 minutes. Best method is to call the day before, set an appointment and ask the gate code over the phone.

Back