What are the reasons for life insurance on children?

When I was a junior in high school I lost my 17yr old brother, the following yr I lost my 16yr old brother. We had no money growing up and none what so ever to spend on life ins for us kids. My mom was a single parent trying to raise up as best she could. Why is childrens ins sold............to help the burden of funeral cost. It is so cheap that my mom did not know what it would have cost her to get us covered. Education is key,most ppl may think it cost an arm and a leg to cover children when in fact it is so inexpensive.
No parent should ever bury their child,but it does happen. There is still a cost to bury children.

agent007 said:
When I was a junior in high school I lost my 17yr old brother, the following yr I lost my 16yr old brother. We had no money growing up and none what so ever to spend on life ins for us kids. My mom was a single parent trying to raise up as best she could. Why is childrens ins sold............to help the burden of funeral cost. It is so cheap that my mom did not know what it would have cost her to get us covered. Education is key,most ppl may think it cost an arm and a leg to cover children when in fact it is so inexpensive.
No parent should ever bury their child,but it does happen. There is still a cost to bury children.

As far as I remember there has been the Gerber Life Insurance, with just one dollar starts your child life insurance. Cost is around 20-50 dollars yearly which is basically what I offer (not Gerber but another carrier), so I'm not sure if one can claim ignorance, most I assume get these in the mail everytime a child is born. Its just a matter of looking at the junk mail. No I think it has more to do with denial of people, "It can't happen to me", as you and your family found it, it can and does happen. I lost my Niece some years ago, she was around 7 years old, its a hard thing to watch someone close to loose a child I couldn't imagine the pain of going through it.

What companies do you folks write child insurance through?

Is there term insurance for children?

I have 25k whole life policies on my kids but would like to know what other options there are.

Is there an online quote generator for childrens insurance that I can access?

Ask as I pay about $130 a year for my 7 year old daughter and about the same for 9 old Son.

Thanks for the replies.

VIC said:
ONLINE---www.SASID.com...
Face to face--sell Globe, the put it in the computer

thats a non participating WL....would not recommend it.....

The reason I purchased WL on my children, before they were even one year old was to provide them with a financial "ace in the hole" in terms of the accumulated cash value if they ever needed it.

Very good post marcircus. Relating it to the other thread, would you have ever considered a VUL for a higher return and why or why not?

Back