What Demographics Do You Use with Your Mail Cards?

5pill

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have mailed (6) 1000 pc. FE mailers and the return SUCKS! Demographics have been up to $50,000 income, ages 45-75. I have only written about 3 deals off the whole mess, and before you blame me, I can sell YOU a rock!
They think they are getting free money from the government, or some free benefit..... A PRECIOUS FEW UNDERSTAND, AND WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. then when you get there, they can't afford it, or say they can't.
Or, they don't know why they sent the card back at all! Or, they don't answer the phone, or they say they were'nt interested in that!!!

What am I doing wrong? Messages here have stated an average of 4-5 sales per 1000 pc. mailer and 1.5 to 2% returns.
Can someone tell me how I can do that? Is the problem in my demographics? Will the higher income brackets bring me people that can read the card better and be able to pay when I get there?

Need some help! Mailers are breaking the bank!:sad::sad:

I am also researching FE mailers. I found a mailer that looks good. I have not used it, nor am I promoting the company, but the mailer looks pretty straight forward. Direct Mail Annuity Leads, Medicare Supplement Leads, Medicare Advantage Leads, Final Expense Leads, Burial Insurance Leads, Reverse Mortgage Leads | 4RM Leads. from Texas.
I would suggest ages 50 to 85 income level 15k to 50k my opinion, but I live in NJ.

I have purchased in the past month, twice I used direct transfers to my phone leads, 3 different internet lead sources, and quite frankly they all suck. I have not yet done the mailer yet.
I am holding off.
I think I am going to buy a list of a few thousand names, and do some old fashion cold calling to seniors for med supp & FE.

If you want to hear my opinion email me.

Gerry

I used to do FE exclusively using direct mail. You need to go poor for FE. I'm talking under $24,999. Trailer parks are good. Women only 62-75. Women generaly care more about legacy and do not want to be a burden. These people can not afford to pre pay for their funerals so a small monthly payment is an attractive alternative.

I would call in the field when ever I was in their zip code and tell them that I put their FREE information packages together and that I had one more delivery to make in their area and I would drop it off to them in about 15 or 20 mins. 95% of the people would let me in (some people were nasty and just wanted the package) and then I would throw anything and everything they would use the policy for not just funerals. I'm talking about probate, loss of income (if married), gifting grand kids, gifting church, gifting kids, freeing up money they set aside for their kids or funeral... there is always an extra need for $10,000

You have to call the list too not just the responders. The extra ten appt you squeeze out will make all the difference.

You also have to make the commitment to "see every lead." I mean every single one. If they don't answer the phone you have to knock on the door. I would call them the day before and leave a message on their machine telling them I was going to deliver the information to them tommorrow between ______ am and _______pm and then I would leave my number. You will be surprised how many people would actually be waiting for you to show.

At the end of the day, when it comes to FE you have to be emotional and they really have to like you. If you build a purely logical case as to why they need it they're going to tell you they don't have any money.

I think I am going to buy a list of a few thousand names, and do some old fashion cold calling to seniors for med supp & FE.
Gerry

Done properly that will get you results. Med Supp appointments are the easiest to set. Every FE and LTC sale I have made originally came from a Med Supp appointment.

There is a huge explosion coming in Med Supp sales. Every agent who is selling FE needs to take a hard look at adding Med Supps.

*Easy to get an appointment for. Every senior knows Medicare by itself isn't enough.
*A no "service work" sale like FE.
*Easy to sell.
*No need to purchase leads.
*First year commission for six years.

I've never had any success with FE lead cards either. I've done better cold calling on seniors door to door.

The FE "lead cards" will give you a perfect start for contacting seniors about Medicare Supplement policies. Once you sell them a Med Supp then cross sell FE. Works like a charm.

I have mailed (6) 1000 pc. FE mailers and the return SUCKS! Demographics have been up to $50,000 income, ages 45-75. I have only written about 3 deals off the whole mess, and before you blame me, I can sell YOU a rock!
They think they are getting free money from the government, or some free benefit..... A PRECIOUS FEW UNDERSTAND, AND WILL MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. then when you get there, they can't afford it, or say they can't.
Or, they don't know why they sent the card back at all! Or, they don't answer the phone, or they say they were'nt interested in that!!!

What am I doing wrong? Messages here have stated an average of 4-5 sales per 1000 pc. mailer and 1.5 to 2% returns.
Can someone tell me how I can do that? Is the problem in my demographics? Will the higher income brackets bring me people that can read the card better and be able to pay when I get there?

Need some help! Mailers are breaking the bank!:sad::sad:

Final expense can be very rewarding. It takes a while to get it ALL together, when where and who to mail, how to approach them, how to present it, what products to use and when, how to get referals.

You are in your basic learning curve now. You'll be MUCH better at it a year from now than you are today.

You should be using the experience of your upline to prevent mistakes and get you there quicker.

Care to share more about this "huge explosion?"

Frank is referring to the Baby Boomers who will be eligible for Medicare... You've heard of the Boomer generation haven't you? It was in all the papers.:unsure:

Back