What Do You Drive?

BB16

Expert
I'm curious to see what you guys drive. Do you dress to impress so to speak and drive a nicer car, or do you not worry about you drive? Personally I think your car says a lot about you. If you're out on appointments and meeting with clients, do you think your car is a reflection on you?

I have a 2003 mustang GT, and as fun as it is to drive, it definitely doesn't give off the vibe I'm going for. I'm fresh out of college, early 20's, and the car doesn't fit my work personality. I'm very clean cut, responsible, respectful, and up beat. It feels kind of weird to me to wear dress clothes to the office every day and show up in a mustang that can be perceived as a "punk kids" car. I'm doing good so far with business and I'm debating selling my car and using the money to do a 3 year lease on a CTS while I build my book of business.

Last edited:
hahahaha.....2007 reissue Jessie Martinez.......SMA...

n530273823_1679447_8693.jpg

I'm curious to see what you guys drive. Do you dress to impress so to speak and drive a nicer car, or do you not worry about you drive? Personally I think your car says a lot about you. If you're out on appointments and meeting with clients, do you think your car is a reflection on you?

I have a 2003 mustang GT, and as fun as it is to drive, it definitely doesn't give off the vibe I'm going for. I'm fresh out of college, early 20's, and the car doesn't fit my work personality. I'm very clean cut, responsible, respectful, and up beat. It feels kind of weird to me to wear dress clothes to the office every day and show up in a mustang that can be perceived as a "punk kids" car. I'm doing good so far with business and I'm debating selling my car and using the money to do a 3 year lease on a CTS while I build my book of business.
It depends what kind of appointments you're going on. Group or individual?

I'll tell you that being in my 20's w/ a Camaro lead to many discussions with clients about their "younger" days. I'd expect someone shopping for a medsup to respond differently though.

Last edited:
It depends what kind of appointments you're going on. Group or individual?

I'll tell you that being in my 20's w/ a Camaro has lead to more discussions with clients about their "younger" days. I'd expect someone shopping for a medsup to respond differently though.

I can see where that comes into play. With being younger I don't want to be perceived as being unprofessional. I'm a P&C agent, so honestly if I go out and meet with clients it's usually a one on one thing.

STIBROKER- pretty nice ride ya got there haha

2005 honda accord. You don't want to drive a POS, but you also don't want to be too flashy. No one wants to think you're getting rich off of them and I think a Honda shows that you're responsible with your money. I know if a 20 year old drove up in an expensive car and asked me to trust my money to them , I probably wouldn't.

JMHO. Do what you want, but be careful until you know what kind of money you're going to be making each month.

And if you're that worried about your car, park around the side of the building/house when you go visit people.

ford f250 1994 teal beast... pulls a horse trailer and boat like a monster.

The question for you is do you know what's under the hood? Have you worked on your own ride? I find a simple statement "of I like to look under the hood and know what I'm looking at" is all the ice breaker I need.

Another aspect to consider, a car is possibly the WORST financial purchase anyone ever makes. Drive it new off the lot, drop 40% in value. Two years? lose 60%. I know I know some cars only lose 50% in two years..... see how stupid that sounds.

Don't drive a dented rusted pos, but a well taken care of older ride says a lot.

I'd be much more apt to buy insurance from you if you pulled up in a Mustang than if you did in a Cadillac, but that's just me.

The last thing I would do is lease something.

Pick up a nice older Honda and drive it into the ground.

Are you doing a lot of f2f appointments, or mostly just for the folks in the office? If you work a desk, keep your car.

2009 Toyota Avalon. It is a big, nice, comfortable car but not flashy at all. The key is being able to fit four grown men and 4 golf bags without any issues.

Wife has a 2007 Jeep Commander. Decent SUV and it can tow a small boat but it is a little small for a SUV.

Latest posts

Back